Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dust For Life is a band that was formed in 1990, recorded two albums, but unfortunately broke up in 2001. These guys were HEAVILY influenced by Alice In Chains, and IMO should have had some heavy rotation on rock stations across the U.S. This is a band that nobody really knows about, but I'm more then glad that I found out about these guys way back then.

Here's some unreleased material from them, as well as a live video of lead singer/guitarist Chris Gavin performing a song he wrote called The End. I have some other videos layin around but they're just way to big to post.

Dust For Life's biggest "hit" was Step Into The Light from their self titled debut. I have the acoustic version here for you guys, but if you get a chance to check out the studio version it's a must have. Their second album Degrees Of Black is also pretty killer. If you're a fan of stuff like Alice In Chains, Sabbath, Screaming Trees and Soundgarden, you'll probably dig this stuff. My personal fave is the song Hell Bent which I included. Sounds like something off of Dirt by AIC.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry guys, I couldn't upload the song, The End for ya, but I hope you dig the rest of the shit up here. These guys aren't around anymore because radio stations and MTV ignore bands like these. So remember to always support the real musicians out there guys.

I'm out.

~Sucka :afro:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Listening to 'em as I D/L them.They're pretty good so far.
I'll have to look up the their CD's. thanks.
:icon_peac

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks dude, glad ya like em. :icon_cool

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks dude. I figured some of you guys would dig em. Just another example of how much Alice In Chains influenced a ton of bands over the years and yet they still don't get as much credit as Nirvana. :icon_nono

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumping this in hopes more ppl will check these guys out. No shredder stuff here. Just good hard rock music IMO. Hopefully these guys will reform in the future, but until then there's this stuff, and there two albums that you can find at Amazon.com. Check em out.

·
Goddess of 101
606 Posts
Never told me your were a Dust For Life Fan... I have this cd. Good choice for share material. I like this cd. :)

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You never asked. :icon_peac

I've been a fan of these guys since I first saw their video on VH1's The Rock Show back in 2000 I think it was. Makes me sad that these guys aren't around anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts