Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
art.jpg

The Band
The Authorized Video Biography

I believe this came out in the mid 90's and is now long out of print.

This one is from my personal vhs collection, which I recently converted to dvd. I used a generic dvd menu. Sorry, but chapters are not included with this dvd. I included a scan of the cover from the source vhs. Enjoy.

This film does a thorough job of documenting the super group behind such '60s and '70s classics as 'The Weight' and 'Up on Cripple Creek'. The three remaining original band members - Levon Helm, Garth Hudson, and Rick Danko - don't flinch from painful subjects like the breakup of the group in 1976 and their less-than-successful attempt to resuscitate it in the '80s. Such rock legends as Eric Clapton, George Harrison and Bob Weir provide their own perspectives. The release comes during the Band's 1995-96 tour and will be promoted with a syndicated radio special and a week long giveaway promotion on over 100 rock radio stations during the weeks of Nov 20, and Nov. 27 respectively.
-- Video Business Magazine, Nov.11, 1995

1hr 7 mins 7 seconds long

Video: 720x480 NTSC @29.970fps
5957 Kbps
Audio: 1536 Kbps, 48Khz PCM (2 channel)

Overall Bitrate 7645 Kbps

DVD.TB.Th.Auth.Vid.Bio.MBK.part1.rar - FileFactory
DVD.TB.Th.Auth.Vid.Bio.MBK.part2.rar - FileFactory
DVD.TB.Th.Auth.Vid.Bio.MBK.part3.rar - FileFactory
DVD.TB.Th.Auth.Vid.Bio.MBK.part4.rar - FileFactory
DVD.TB.Th.Auth.Vid.Bio.MBK.part5.rar - FileFactory
DVD.TB.Th.Auth.Vid.Bio.MBK.part6.rar - FileFactory