Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Earplugs!! Goport sings again

2K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  CanyonCarver 
#1 ·
:wtf: Buddy Holly :devilchil

I did this really quick so it isn't polished but it was a lot of fun.

#2 ·
Your voice is perfect for this style of music. Reminds me of late 70s early 80s Brittish punk/alternative singing style. The thing I wanna tip my hat to you for (from both this recording and the Duran Duran song) is the vocal harmonies peppered throughout. It really adds some depth. And I'm fairly certain that Buddy did not rock out on the lead like you did. :)

I hope to make my vocal debut here by early next week. I am working on Secret Agent Man. This song started as a spoof tune that I am helping put together for a department at work who are making a work-related video presentation for the upcoming Holiday party. I offered to put the song together and sing their spoof lyrics that they wrote, but after I do their lyrics I am going to make up some of my own lyrics for that song, based around G101, and lay down some vocals and post it here. I have never been able to find my own voice as a singer, but I can do a lot of impersonations and I can sing decently "in character." We shall see how that goes. :confused:

#6 ·
HAHA - I am glad you all liked this :thumb: I actually did the whole thing in less than 20 minutes. I would have posted it sooner but I got side tracked reading all the posts on the forum :)

KC - I am really looking forward to hearing your vocal debut. the only advice I can give is if you feel at all self conscious (as I did when I recorded Ziggy Stardust) then choose a time when no one is in. I sing so loud I have to whack up the volume on the headphones just to be able to sing as I used to at gigs. The neighbours don't look me in the eye anymore - I guess they think I come home and just start screaming at the top of my lungs like a madman!! However this is the best way for me to record. It may work for you.

#9 ·
This fckin rocked, killa job Goport!!:icon_thum :icon_thum :rock: :rock:

#10 ·
Goport said:
I sing so loud I have to whack up the volume on the headphones just to be able to sing as I used to at gigs. The neighbours don't look me in the eye anymore - I guess they think I come home and just start screaming at the top of my lungs like a madman!!
This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time, but it's mainly because I can relate oh so well.

I think Buddy Holly would be very proud of your cover - very cool!

#15 ·
glad you liked it man!!

I have finally done your disks and hopefully the wife will send them tomorrow. (I am working away for 36 hours :()

#16 ·
aww man no-one picked up on Nigel Tufnell saying "These go to 11" just before the solo :(

#18 ·
don't be harsh on yourself man! I should have posted my outtakes :)

#20 ·
Mondola -you hit the nail on the head mate. This is fun and
the inhibtions have fallen by the wayside. Music is supposed to be fun and I have never been a singer but it is fun trying!! Thanks chap. that is the nicest post I have had.

#23 ·
Great job on this one. Is La Bamba next? Think about it.

#24 ·
Thanks guys. La Bamba? I'll add it to the list :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.