Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the guitars and vocals and piano myself

I did the bass and drums in fruity loops, also the strings were done in fruity loops.

Lemme know what you think.

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is really good except the bass, it's so machinelike. Try if letting some of the bass notes play longer helps: dum-du-du-duum instead of dum-dum-dum-dum. I think it might help. And don't forget to add some variation if you redo the bass, repeating the same patterns in Fruity Loops certainly make it sound like the machine it is.
Hope I don't sound too critical, that's not my meaning. As an old bass player I'm just trying to give some tips.

And hey, your singing is great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I didn't have a bass handy so I did it in fruity loops but I will most likely redo the bass wit a real one when I get a chance.

I was afraid the singing may not be very good. I don't consider myself a good singer lol.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Man, if there's a tune that brings back those good 'ol memories of my youthful days at the burger joint with the juke box in the background, is this one.:scif890: Wait a minute, I'm just 29! Okay, so I wasn't born yet, but this rendition has the perfect ingredient to make an impact as the original: soul. I love this man!:lol:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Beautiful job,, heard a lot of people try this song but they usually sound really bad, This was GREAT!!!! More please! ,,,,(KSTT in Davenport) just came to mind,, man I'm getting old!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Hey this was really good stuff!! Laughing at what RVH said above...:)
Great job!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
great job. I liked the bass notes cutting off, it is sounds like an upright bass and there is little sustain with them.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Wow!!!!.......This is sooo beautiful!!!!....You have such a great voice!!!:icon_thum

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol well good to see people enjoyed it :)

btw, I am only 21 and even though I wasn't around for this type of music, I find that it has a lot of interesting characteristics like the walking type basslines, and romantic chord progressions. I really enjoy 50's music.

I try and take something from every decade, but the 2000's aren't looking promising yet..

Anyhow, I'll try and get some more covers done soon.

I am still trying to get a good grasp on my singing, I consider it my weakness.

·
Registered
133 Posts
nah, you got a cool voice, sounds very intune with what you were singing, sounded just like outta back to the future.
id like to hear some more of the stuff you will do in the future. an well done for this one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts