Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guitarists what do you think the easiest & hardest vh solos are
and for keyboarders what do you think the easiest and hardest vh songs to play are?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I'm closing this. Keyboard Man, please don't start multiple topics!:nunu::icon_thum LOL

As far as solo's go, I'm going to say that hardest Ed solo would be all of em! I've only been playing a few years, so tackling any solo by Ed is a challange.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
LOL I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist myself. :thumb:

·
Registered
425 Posts
The solo to Runnin With The Devil is pretty easy. The Ice Cream man solo is pretty tough. I also think that any EVH solo with lots of whammy stuff and squeals is really hard (which is most of them!)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
see i wouldnt know how to respond to these cause im not a guitarist
but if im not a guitarist then i guess any solo is difficult for me

·
Registered
33 Posts
For guitar, I would say the multiple solos in "I'm the One" are all pretty tough. The whole song is pretty hard, along with the keeping the swinging feel through the whole thing. As far as the easiest solo, "Runnin With the Devil" is pretty straight forward, so I'll vote for that.

I'm not a proficient keyboard player, but I've always had trouble with the beginning of "Right Now." I can play the part right after the building intro, but it's that intro I just can't nail. Maybe it's because I don't have the reach since I don't play keyboards much, but it feels all over the place to my hands. The main melody to "Jump" is pretty easy, though. Anyone who wants to impress you're friends when a piano is around, learn that main riff on the keys. It's instantly recognizable and easy with minimal practice!:woot:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey halen i agreewith you 100% on right now it does feel like its everywhere so i do it to learn the same way i do for everysong i start slow then get faster then get faster until you reach the pace. by the way does anybody have any when its love sheet music.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Judgement Day is a pretty hard solo to nail. The whole song is pretty tough. I think it's one of Eddie's finest moments.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Keyboard Man...try downloading "Noteworthy Composer'' trial version (If you dont save anything, you can virtually use it forever,) then Find the MIDI of When It's Love (I got mine from http://rock.mididb.com/vanhalen/ - scroll down and download from 'free amatuer tracks'). Right click on the downloaded file and 'OPEN WITH' and select NOTEWORTHY COMPOSER. Keep clicking next till you get to FINISH. The MIDI will open in playable sheet music..You can change timing and instruments, all kinds of cool stuff... Hope this might help point you in the right direction....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hardest so far for me would be Drop Dead Legs and Girl Gone Bad. Personally I think that was when he was on top of his game.

Easiest would be Aint Talking Bout Love.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts