Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being the type of person who thinks about something only when it enters my head, after reading a post by diamonddaveroth re Eruption, I thought, 'Bugger it, lets have a go at some of the stuff I used to play every week!'. Having been on the recieving end of 6 or 7 beers before hand, I left ALL the mistakes in but this is just a taster of an Ed type tone and style with the illustrious PODxt. :bowdown: Line6 will rule the planet one day...mark my words!...hic. :drunk:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It shows I'm pissed mate! Nah, I had fun with this stuff and I think the PODxt sounds wicked on that Eruption setting.

EDIT: Damn, why did I post this with all the fucking mistakes in! :blush:

Thanks for listening my friend. :thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Great tone Chris!! Sounds spot on!! I love how the guitar pans...great with the phaser!! What kind of pickup is in that guitar??

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the stock pickup in the Gold Top Wolfgang I have Serge. It's an old guitar (pre pat pending) and the pups have a real vintage tone to them. The setting in the xt is 'Eruption' un-tweaked.

Thanks for listening. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Man...what an aural assault!!!!:woot: Incredible guitar work, Chris!!!!:jam: Why in the world would I let my self be embarassed by doing a collab with you?!?!?!?:dunno: J/K bro....looking for the perfect tune to collab with ya!!!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sgstd said:
Man...what an aural assault!!!!:woot: Incredible guitar work, Chris!!!!:jam: Why in the world would I let my self be embarassed by doing a collab with you?!?!?!?:dunno: J/K bro....looking for the perfect tune to collab with ya!!!
Ain't it funny how you get the best comments from the ones where you press record and make a tit of yerself!!!! Maybe my drunken abandonment is what was required to get the tone to the bone! I'll have to do another collage of Van Halen songs I know sober, just to see if there's a difference.

Thanks for listening mate...it's appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
wahwah said:
EDIT: Damn, why did I post this with all the fucking mistakes in! :blush:
That was kickass Chris!!! Maybe I should drink more so I could make "mistakes" like that:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Heh you got me all worked up here Chris :toothless
Never mind the mistakes...it is the attitude that says it all...hehe now I just need to drink a crapload of beer and post some wank;)
This was wicked man!
:rock: :jam:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SLoB said:
sounds like u wer enjoyin a trip down memory lane ther Chris ;)
cool :)
Yeah! Did NOTHING but Eddie for about 18 months and wondered if I'd forgotten some of the more obscure songs like 'Light Up The Sky'...one of my faves.

Thanks for listening mate. :thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rid said:
Heh you got me all worked up here Chris :toothless
Never mind the mistakes...it is the attitude that says it all...hehe now I just need to drink a crapload of beer and post some wank;)
This was wicked man!
Thanks man...when does my amp arrive?! :toothless

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sling Shot said:
KILLER SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you are having WAY too much FUN :)
Hehe...yeah, it's good just jammin' sometimes and not recording a track where you're playing it over and over again to get it perfect. I' gonna try and do the same thing with the 1984 tone but I haven't really worked on a lot of stuff offa that album except for 'Panama', 'Hot For Teacher' and 'Jump...and I never bothered working anything after Dave left. No idea why cos I like some of the stuff...just didn't hold the same mystery for me as the early guitar work I suppose.

Thanks for listening man. :thumb:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Thanks man...when does my amp arrive?!
That you must discuss with der bossaman :toothless
I just test them...hehe
Well the little one I'll probally get to manufactur...sigh :lol:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rid said:
That you must discuss with der bossaman :toothless
I just test them...hehe
Well the little one I'll probally get to manufactur...sigh :lol:
The Bossman? Any jobs going for testers then? Sorta test it's longetivity over say, a 30 year period? And then I return it??? :toothless

1 - 20 of 55 Posts