Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a song I did a number of years ago on my Tascam 4 Tracker. Theres a Boss DR-550 drum machine, me on the Fender P Bass, for guitars at this time I was using a Charvel with a Floyd Rose. The processor was a Yamaha FX-500.

It's sort of a lazy sounding song with a lonesome kind of feel. It's not a perfect song by any stretch - but some of it works kinda well. There are no punch in's on this at all, and no Pro Tools or cutting and pasting crap. Each instrument was a "one taker" if I screwed up the part, I just did the whole thing over. (Except for the drums which were programmed)

The song is not perfect in many ways, but one thing that happend is the ending got screwed up because I ran out of tape on the 4 tracker.

I wanted this big ending, but I ended up having to fade the track out instead. Oh well, it is what it is.

Hope ya'll enjoy it..

·
Registered
886 Posts
Great guitar work. Great sound and production too. I could never get anything like that out of my 4 track.

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Thats sweet PJ ! Really like the slide work ! Love it ! Keep'em coming !!!! I like ya much better when ya talk like this !

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much Mondola and Zeppy! I'm so glad you guys liked it. And also thanks again to Phil and Wah! I've always wanted to re-do this song the way I intended it to be - but never got around to it yet. I wish I could dedicate all my time to playing the guitar - but I have to pay the bills. Gotta run going down to Alabama - I'll be back in a few days. Talk to you all soon.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
So sweet and controlled...great sound!
Loved this tune man.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I missed this post! This is beautiful PJ. the backing is a worthy tune in its own right and the lead slide is sublime.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks much Goport and Mike4beka!

I totally winged the whole lead part. I made the backing tracks first - then played the lead a few times without recording. Once I found a good line to follow - I went for it.

The lead part is in Open G tuning, and so is the rhythm guitar, in open G. What do you guys think about the Bass playing?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
really nice tasteful minimilist bass playing.. really kool feel and great choice of notes!! great job

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
cool slide, showed alot of emotion.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Very groovy tune PJ...Very nice work!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts