Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
There's Nashville 1998, incomplete but a recent audience source has turned up with the final songs; I'll post that soon!
Thank you. I just downloaded that one, but it took forever :) I am now downloading your Tallahassee show. I was supposed to attend, but was not able.

You don't have to answer, but do you know which show is the best sound quality of the ones you have here? I'm beefing up my small Elton collection. I've only been able to go to 3 of his shows in my life, and wish I could have seen more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I just downloaded that one, but it took forever :) I am now downloading your Tallahassee show. I was supposed to attend, but was not able.

You don't have to answer, but do you know which show is the best sound quality of the ones you have here? I'm beefing up my small Elton collection. I've only been able to go to 3 of his shows in my life, and wish I could have seen more.
Check out the first show at Winston Salem; 3rd gig on the tour, HQ audience and Elton's voice is in great shape!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check out the first show at Winston Salem; 3rd gig on the tour, HQ audience and Elton's voice is in great shape!

Thank you so much! I'm listening to "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" from the Tallahassee show. Sound quality isn't great, but very listenable, but it's always nice to hear a hometown show. For the life of me, I can't remember why I didn't go. I know I saw a U2 show the next weekend, so maybe was out of money.

I will download the Winston Salem show for sure. His voice sounds fine in Tallahassee, I missed a great show it seems. I still can't get over how hacks complain about his post-surgery voice. It was different, and not what it once was, but he still had incredible range and power. I saw him in 2012 in Orlando, and his voice was fine, and it was well over 2.5 hours!

·
Registered
76 Posts
i wonder if anybody has downloaded from these links, because it seems they do not work, and i also wonder if greg has agree to let them into his mediafire site

·
Registered
37 Posts
i wonder if anybody has downloaded from these links, because it seems they do not work, and i also wonder if greg has agree to let them into his mediafire site

I have downloaded Winston Salem, and Tallahassee, and they work fine. You have to click the arrow thingy at the top and download as a Zip file...if you try to download a track at the time, it can lead to errors.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have downloaded Winston Salem, and Tallahassee, and they work fine. You have to click the arrow thingy at the top and download as a Zip file...if you try to download a track at the time, it can lead to errors.
greg has NOT allowed this, so he is shoting down the links, so thats why it dont work anylonger

·
Registered
37 Posts
greg has NOT allowed this, so he is shoting down the links, so thats why it dont work anylonger
You may need to send Greg an email. I continue to be able to download these shows. Maybe Greg just doesn't like you and has blocked your IP address. I would say if you're really nice in the email, maybe he will unblock you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much! I'm listening to "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" from the Tallahassee show. Sound quality isn't great, but very listenable, but it's always nice to hear a hometown show. For the life of me, I can't remember why I didn't go. I know I saw a U2 show the next weekend, so maybe was out of money.

I will download the Winston Salem show for sure. His voice sounds fine in Tallahassee, I missed a great show it seems. I still can't get over how hacks complain about his post-surgery voice. It was different, and not what it once was, but he still had incredible range and power. I saw him in 2012 in Orlando, and his voice was fine, and it was well over 2.5 hours!
I agree; his voice still sounds fantastic after all of these years! I saw him back in 2011 and 2013, both shows had him sounding great!

·
Registered
76 Posts
You may need to send Greg an email. I continue to be able to download these shows. Maybe Greg just doesn't like you and has blocked your IP address. I would say if you're really nice in the email, maybe he will unblock you.
i spoke to greg on FB yesterday, and we are freinds, so he has blocked all but some trusted freinds he told me, so im not blocked, but i hade some trouble with firefox

1 - 12 of 12 Posts