Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also think they want long-fake conversations to get download links. I was warned for saying a simple "Thank you". It's hard to say much about a download before downloading it. Weird folks over there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also think they want long-fake conversations to get download links. I was warned for saying a simple "Thank you". It's hard to say much about a download before downloading it. Weird folks over there.
Very strange

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How strange and without warning or communication, shame though as it was a good site

·
Registered
2 Posts
sad that you only call somebody a friend as long as he/she pays

not paying is not longer a friend :rolleyes:

i have heard from a member of that forum:
to be a friend:
12 euro a year
200 "friends" * 12 a year = almost (estimated) 2400 euros a year???
it can be not 100% correct, because i heard it from somebody else

BUT: i prefer REAL friends, REAL friends don't have to pay me

(i corrected the calculation to 2400 euros a year.... still a lot of money)

·
Registered
12 Posts
sad that you only call somebody a friend as long as he/she pays

not paying is not longer a friend :rolleyes:

i have heard from a member of that forum:
to be a friend:
12 euro a month, so 144 euro a year
200 "friends" * 144 a year = almost (estimated) 30000 euros a year???
it can be not 100% correct, because i heard it from somebody else

BUT: i prefer REAL friends, REAL friends don't have to pay me

i never was member of that forum
i was allowed,
why?
i do not know
Hi guys,
I am not a member there, but what I know is that they give two options to members ......
First option, is the most common sense for me, to be an active member sharing Elvis Stuf.....
Second option, not correct for me, but I can undestand, is to make a 12 € a year donation, that means 1 € a month, not too much indeed...... but once again not the correct option in my opinion.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Think they have started asking people for money for cds etc, anyone who doesnt they kick them off the site, i was kicked off on friday. no explanation.
You cite their explanation, and then say they gave no explanation?

There was a thread posted there about how things were changing and why.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If a friend takes and takes and doesn't give back, that's not being a friend either. I don't think asking people to either share things or give one euro per month is very much to ask in return.
you are right,
but i heard of some members they made a lot a shares

And they are removed as forum-member, and they don't know why....

very strange....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replied to their request, I had no problem paying 12.00, but I said anything I have is already posted by others and I assumed the reason behind the forum was so others could better their Elvis collection, I was also booted..
Dictatorship

·
Registered
41 Posts
I replied to their request, I had no problem paying 12.00, but I said anything I have is already posted by others and I assumed the reason behind the forum was so others could better their Elvis collection, I was also booted..
Dictatorship
its bllody mad i would pay if they asked me too i just dont understand them

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dictatorship
Yeah,you really needed to be carefully on what you said on that site.
Best thing would be just to shut up and not give your opinion on anything.
Just say thank you for any titles you downloaded,nothing else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what i understand the admin there removed accounts for a number of reasons including user inactivity, users downloading large quantities in a small time, downloading and posting the files elsewhere and not giving any credit and claiming the rips as their own.
Complaining about donating just 12 euros to help run a site and help purchase new items to share is quite strange as it is just the price of a single album especially as much of the content there is aimed to be exclusive to that forum, i think 12 euros for that content isn't that much to ask.
At the end of the day the 12 euros donation thing was a reaction to the actions of a number of individuals (some of which are also members here) that didn't want to follow certain rules set out by the site owners.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts