Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a tune I did sometime last year. I'd thought I lost all copies of it in a HD crash, but I found this one (I don't think this was the final mix, but it's "ok").
Anyhoo...played a Parker Fly and a Kramer Pacer into a Marshall on this. I was playing around with recording more guitar tracks right about when I did this so there are several parts that sort of come in and out. The only other thingie I remember about recording this one is that my Parker was feedbacking like crazy, so I decided to try and incorporate that into tune as well. Hope you like it and thanks for listening!

Eric

Attachments

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Sweeeeeeet so sweeeeeeet Ender:D

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Man you got a monsterous musical mind! This sounds very inspired by Steve Vai. As far as I am concerned, you are a professional musician in my mind, regardless of whether or not you are actually working at this as your main profession. Your talent, creativity and technical abilities are definitely at the level of a professional musician (and above that of the majority of the crap on the radio). Really awesome work/play. Thanks for sharing your music with us. :thumbup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo Chip! Thanks man. Rain: thank's for checking it out! KCAR: Thank you, I'm very honored and flattered that you think that!

·
Registered
886 Posts
This is why you are one of my fave players, seriously. With your compositions you keep people listening, you command their attention and that is very important for an instrumentalist. Absolutely amazing playing.

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
This is just superb , your a virtuoso Ender , why wont you get a deal man ! , i mean we have these tunes here your posting , and the quality is good , but dude , i want to see you live , you would kick Sats butt with your technique .Your music has a child like innocence to it , it contains fantasy like surreal segments , that point your brain into lots of new strange areas . Its as if every bar contains a new route.Theres a lot of Steve Morse in here , but your not ripping him i, your doing his style infinatly better , with more hooks than a strip of Velcro . This goes into my Ender folder , again superb playing man , just superb .:icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Ender, you are amazing mate. Whilst there are plenty of excellent players here, you actually write superbly detailed and complex tunes. But no matter how technical you get you still manage to retain melody above all else.

I guess your playing is so stylised and supremely complex that comparisons with Vai are inevitable. It is a compliment in the fact your abilities are right up there with one of the best rock guitarists around. However, it also serves as a disservice to your writing which is becoming very recognisable to me as your own style.

This is a fantastic tune and now I have to burn a new cd for the car :)

Thank you for posting mate! :thumb:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Ender, I am absolutely stunned. Your playing is superb, and to my ears, just about flawless, but as mentioned, it is your compositional skills that floor me, beautifully complex songs, that never make the melody take a back seat for techniques sake. I'm going to go listen again.:icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Umm, Ender, you should be ashame for yourself posting stuff like this :upset: , and now what, huh? Do you think it´s pretty to leave this post around while everybody else starts to learn the Ukelele and massive-sell our guitars? :icon_nono Ok, ok, after this sudden nervous breakdown, I´ll come up to earth again, :mix: TERRIFIC comp-playing there! :mix: :icon_thum

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
This playing is just awesome...Ender. Definately keeps one's attention as something new and original. I wouldn't even know how to classify it.....I'm just stunned....I had thought I'd heard it all before....but apparently not. You are thinking way out of the box with this stuff! You have a sick and twisted mind!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I really can't add any thing to what's already been said!! :scratch: You are one sick player!!!! :bowdown: I absolutely love your songs and fretwork!!!!:woot:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Phil28uk! really appreciate it! Would really like to hear you post some of your bands tunes in here sometime!

Bluesplayer, I don't quite think my stuff can live up to those awesome comments, maybe I could tune Satch or Morse's guitars for them at best lol. I'm going to have to dig in deep next time I record something to earn those compliments man, thanks!

Porty: Thanks man, I'm a stickler for melody first, (and I think you are as well), it's the first thing I hear when coming up with something. Everything else, drum beats, technical playing etc. is secondary to that. I'm actually a bit of a "pop" nut and growing up, I listened to a bit of instrumental type stuff but I've always tended to like great tunes with vox most, and so I think I try to unsuccessfully compensate for the lack of them on this guitar wankin stuff with a bit of melody. Always appreciate your comments man!
:cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rythameen, thank you soo much man, now go and make Meat Shakin Woman II. That tune rules!

BleedingPinky: thanks for the comments! Ukeleles rock! 2 less strings and a whole lot less frets to worry about!

Mike4beka: Heya dude! Thanks for popping by and the checking it out! aw man, Dream Theater, I don't have the attention span to write those epic 9 minute prog tunes lol..of course, if I had that drummer.....and that bass player.....and that keyboardist.....*comes back down to earth*

VHFan: Thank you, that means a lot. I didn't think this one was all that good when I finished it, I thought it sounded a bit dispersed and didn't flow to well from one part to another (actually I still think that lol) so to hear you say it keeps attention makes me feel a bit better about it. I thought it didn't have enough of a steady "hook" anywhere in it to keep people listening all the way through (also a reason it's only 3:15 lol). Thanks for the listen and comments!

sgstd: ty for checking it out!!! Hot enough for ya in Vegas right now? :grin:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
rain said:
Sweeeeeeet so sweeeeeeet Ender:D

Aww thank you Rain!!! I really appreciate you checking it out!!!!!!!!!! :D

(and sorry for responding to ya out of order here, lol my bad :scratch: )
oh..I did respond to ya earlier nm lol, well thanks again anyways!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Music wonderful music!
I have nothing else to say...loved it!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts