Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wsup
im new to the boards, and iv been listening to some of the jams
well, enigma ur freaking awesome, but i am not sure of what im reading... u play , keyboarDS?
well, just wanted to ask because im really curious~ if u play keyboards, how do u manage to sound soo much like a guitar?
well anyways~ guitar player or keyboard , u sound excellent!
RicK

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks man, and yes I DO play keyboards.

Ultimately, the guitar is just playing notes and bending certain notes of a scale, etc.. And what I'm doing is "mocking" that however with a slightly different technique. It's harder, but not impossible for a keyboardist to play just about everything a guitarist plays but some things are very... inconvienent, such as repeated notes *trem picking on one note for example*
All I'm doing is listening, and learning what works as a guitarist, and making a sound and adding some guitarish distortion and using it as my own. The only reason it sounds "new" is because most people haven't heard of that before, however I hear it all the time.

Just a different instrument with the same style ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahaha wow~ thats really cool
how do u bend notes on a keyboard tho? lol
hehe, btw
do u play guitar at all?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Note bending on a keyboard - there's a little wheel on the left hand side that changes the pitch based on what you choose the bending incriment to be.
And yes, I play guitar, but not well. I don't actually even OWN one ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
do you have a soundfont or could you make a soundfont of the distortion guitar you use on your keyboard? I would really appreciate it.
yours sounds so realistic and I can't find a distortion guitar sf2 worth anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Soul Reaver said:
do you have a soundfont or could you make a soundfont of the distortion guitar you use on your keyboard? I would really appreciate it.
yours sounds so realistic and I can't find a distortion guitar sf2 worth anything.
Unfortunatly I use real distortion, not just pre-recorded distortion which is half the reason it sounds close. Unfortunatly making a SF2 file wouldn't do you any good I'm afraid...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts