Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's the deal, i dabble in guitar.. i do NOT play it nor pretend to play as being even decent. I come from the old skool punk attitude that learning to play is less as important as getting out your message by easy 3 chord songs. but i do want a decent sound.. i currently have a B.C. RICH WARLOCK "kerry king".. but i want to pick up the Epiphone equivilant to the GIBSON GOTHIC the epiphone sg400. i like the shape and the look of the guitar but i wanted to spice up the pick-ups. a friend has some PRS dragon pick-ups that he said he'd give to really give it a shredding sound. would the dragon 2's work?? and do you agree i'd get the heavy sound buzz saw i'm looking for?

currently playing through a VHT pitbull

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Dark Kingdom said:
here's the deal, i dabble in guitar.. i do NOT play it nor pretend to play as being even decent. I come from the old skool punk attitude that learning to play is less as important as getting out your message by easy 3 chord songs. but i do want a decent sound.. i currently have a B.C. RICH WARLOCK "kerry king".. but i want to pick up the Epiphone equivilant to the GIBSON GOTHIC the epiphone sg400. i like the shape and the look of the guitar but i wanted to spice up the pick-ups. a friend has some PRS dragon pick-ups that he said he'd give to really give it a shredding sound. would the dragon 2's work?? and do you agree i'd get the heavy sound buzz saw i'm looking for?

currently playing through a VHT pitbull
The only way to really tell is take your amp down to a store that has a guitar with the dragon PUP's and test it out. That VHT might act very different with types of PUP's or might not. I had a 5150II and no matter what you plugged into it on high gain....it sounded about the same.

Now I have a Vetta and it sounds very different with each guitar.

Nothing wrong with a 3 chord punk attitude.....keep the spirit alive.:icon_thum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts