Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my kids to a Johnson/Fleck concert at one of the best symphony houses in the world, the Bass Hall in downtown Fort Worth on tuesday.... I had never listened to Fleck - I wanted to see Eric. Eric did an unplugged set- acoutic guitar and piano by himself- no band, and it was impressive- but OMFG!!!!! Bela fleck and Victor Wooten - who my bass player kid listens to- I had NO IDEA a banjo and a bass could be played like that. It was probably the best display of talent I have seen on the stage at one time- meaning yes, I thought they were better than any G3 lineup to date. If you haven't seen these guys it is definitely worth seeing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've seen eric a couple times at Antoines in austin, playing with Alien love child, and a couple times doing acoustic sets. What a crazy talent that guy is. Shredding aside, he's a great songwriter.

Never seen Bela, but have heard some of his stuff before. I guess seeing him live would really put some perspective on how badass a player he is. I'll look for him in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.