Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

J-Mart vs Kramer Christ (10 votes to win)

• J-Mart

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Kramer Christ

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
holy friggin' awesome...is that you eddie...???...could be...hidin' behind that avatar...this sounds exactly like the record...i haven't voted yet..obviously..but between you...and me...and the 10,000 plus members here...so far you're in the lead... :icon_thum

·
Guy who says Habutashi
393 Posts
Holy bugger!! Nice job with that J. It is really close to the original.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
This is killer:rock: I've always loved your playing J-Mart, but never realized the tone! Holy smokes, what equipment did you use to record this? It's amazing!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I've updated it with a new version since I found a plate reverb. I use my red CR-7 (wolfgang copy) into a line6 delay into a MXR EVH phase 90 into MXR Flanger. I have a Dunlop 535Q wah pedal, but it wasn't plugged in today. Then I go into my Roccaforte modded 100 watt Marshall Super Lead into marshall cab with greenbacks. Then I use a SM57 into a behringer mixer into a Boss BR-8. But now I put the dry track into adobe audition with plate reverb and it sounds huge!! Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
This newer version does sound much bigger......has just a very slight bit of VU overload on my setup for some reason.

Where is your challenger so we can get this massac....er I mean battle over with?:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, great tone there, but I am most impressed with how good the reverb sounds! What make/model of reverb are you using? Sounds absolutely HUGE! Did you crank your amp to record this or use a hotplate or what?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
bcgvh said:
Wow, great tone there, but I am most impressed with how good the reverb sounds! What make/model of reverb are you using? Sounds absolutely HUGE! Did you crank your amp to record this or use a hotplate or what?
He's recording it dry and adding plate reverb with a software program called adobe audition....if I'm reading the post correctly.

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is just awesome J-Mart. Your tone is very close to the original. Even EVH, admits that he can't duplicate his tone when he recorded Eruption. Well, IMO it is gonna be hard to top your version but to be fair, I'll hold my vote until I get to listen to the other competitor. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
awesome beginning but lost it on the ending...im just the opposite.....but fantastic to anyones ears...but wheres Kramer christs and how could anyone vote?

·
Registered
150 Posts
^^ Indeed, five votes already :confused: I wouldn't even listen to the track until there was another posted.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
how can anyone give j mart 5 votes??? where is kramer's?? cant wait to hear these 2. ill keep updated to so i can check this one out when kramer's is posted. this autta be a good one!:icon_thum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts