Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my question is what are some essential guitar solos that every guitar player should try and learn, and have in their arsenal. I'll start with 2 obvious ones-whole lotta love-Zep; and of course Eruption.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
flair said:
Ok, my question is what are some essential guitar solos that every guitar player should try and learn, and have in their arsenal. I'll start with 2 obvious ones-whole lotta love-Zep; and of course Eruption.
Eagles - Hotel California

Ozzy -Bark At The Moon

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
:icon_thum

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Main Street - Bob Seger
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup-gotta say those are all cool ideas.

·
Registered
628 Posts
"Breakdown Dead Ahead"- Boz Scaggs
"Crossfire"- SRV
"Somebody to Love"- Queen
"Sweet child O' mine"- Guns and Roses.
"Back in Black"- ACDC (bugger it, the whole lot....best blues/rock feel you will ever hear)
"Comfortably Numb"- Pink Floyd

G

·
I'd have to say, Pink Floyd - The Wall solo, Heaven Sent (Dokken, I love that one!), Crying in the Rain & Is this Love (Whitesnake),Baluchitherium - All of it,(VanHalen). You've probably guessed that I am an 80's rock fan.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Beatles/George Harrison - While my guitar gently weeps
Metallica - One
Van Halen - ERUPTION!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha..

·
Banned
488 Posts
Jason Becker-Altitudes
Marty Friedman-Thunder March
Steve Vai-For the Love of God
Joe Satriani-Summer Song
Vinnie Moore-While my guitar gently weeps. (His Version is better in my Opinion)
Michael Angelo-No Boundaries
Chris Impellitteri-Somewhere over the Rainbow
Yngwie Malmsteen-Black Star
Michael Romeo-Sins and Shadows
Emmpu from Nightwish-Crimson Tide and the Deep Blue Sea

·
I'm a Very Good Girl !
1,350 Posts
Eagles - Hotel California
Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
Guns 'N' Roses - Sweet Child 'o' Mine
Fleetwood Mac - Albatross

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
This should most likely go in the Guitar Rack, so I'm gonna move it there for more discussion.

·
Registered
240 Posts
SRV- EVERYTHING MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Jimi Hendrix- EVERYTHING AGAIN HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Van Halen- EVERYTHING BAHAHAHAHAHA

k im done *poof*

ok seriously-

SRV- Everything that he wasnt all coked up on, cuz it really made it sound sloppy, but that is TOTALY not a dis towards what his ability was.

Jimi Hendrix- Pfft I wasnt kidding... lol he had a different styler every song. (Except for his bluesy time riffs and solos which is awesome as it is anyways)

Van Halen- Some of the stuff... eh.... but most of it was just awesome and totally showed what talent he had (and has!)

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:dunno:Well gotta go an opposite direction here....listen to the feel and lines, I have only learned tune related stuff, but never ever sat down and nicked someone elses solo's.....get your own voice and play what you hear in your head.
Essential is the music, not the solo's.
:icon16: "runs"

·
Banned
156 Posts
I agree with rid about that. It can be a learning expierience to learn someone else's solo, but you will never play it the way they did, with the same personality, because you aren't them. Why not improvise, and make your own licks? Why not develope a personal style that reflects you as an individual?

·
Banned
488 Posts
I have to agree with that too.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts