Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was created by experimenting with some delay on a bass note and the rest of the song grew from there. The lead guitar is a Les Paul Standard through a Tech 21 Trademark 10 amp; was curious to see how well the amp recorded.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the kind words. Wasn't sure if this song stood on it's own or if its too much of a 'jam' track. I have a few other more conventionally structured songs that I'll post later, but I'm hoping to get some more listens and comments on this one.

:icon_jam:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great, killa job!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
linda said:
Beautiful, Sounds very pro,Very ethereal loved it esp the effect on the bass.:thumb:
Wow, I never would have expected to hear this song described as 'beautiful,' so I will take that as a very meaningful compliment. Thanks for making my day. :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice one,very different to most of the instrumentals posted here .loved the bass sound ,kinda like a dr who thing,keeping the the song moving along.:icon_thum

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
This is amazing dude.......you have got great control on your playing bro!!!!!!!!:bannana_g

G

·
Great tone and playing. I also really like the way you bring the drums in. The "one" is totally elusive and turns out to be in a different place than you think. Excellent job. What are you recording into?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
interesting!! very kool! i love the little woodwind sounds u added in the background hehe.. great tone too!! very unique..
great job!! i really love that bass sound hehehehehhe very spacey!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Av8rMarc said:
Great tone and playing. I also really like the way you bring the drums in. The "one" is totally elusive and turns out to be in a different place than you think. Excellent job. What are you recording into?
andrewtheshreddr said:
interesting!! very kool! i love the little woodwind sounds u added in the background hehe.. great tone too!! very unique..
great job!! i really love that bass sound hehehehehhe very spacey!
Thanks for digging up this song and for all the nice comments.

:jot: Partly this song was an exercise to learn how to use Fruity Loops software. I had the idea for the song a long time ago, but FL enabled me to program the backing track with a lot more detail and depth, and new ideas. The bass part, drums and other synths were all samples that come standard with FL. After I mixed that down, I imported the track into n-Track Studio multitracking software to record the guitar solo, which was pieced together. I did a few special guitar parts, including a reversed sound that's used to fill space in the song.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts