Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santana Europa

decent quality

·
Registered
57 Posts
I find it pretty frustrating that many of the songs I actually want are "removed" - Requesting them is a good idea, but has proven futile "so far".

I found the best stuff in the sticky posts "personal work" posts...
If you want this one (it's very good) I can email it to you, I'm not sure how to upload it on here... looking for a way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
seeing it I can attach it here.

I'm new here, but the operation is less than logical. Seems like a central "file area" where a library of files are KEPT indefinately would be smarter. The search often doesn't work in finding files that I know are attached on here.

The filenames with 4-5 digital numbers at the beginning is also a pain, because I've downloaded probably 100 BT so far and when I go to find one I can't. (because you can't sort them on name) which means I have to go in and rename 100 BT now.

I attached it - lets see if it worked.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Apparently not- it appeared to upload. But I don't see it here or in "My files".
I run a forum for photography and we upload files all the time. I'm finding all the "fluff" here gets in the way of the necessities. (ie dancing icons to the right and below clutter up the screen making it hard to find the needed operational links.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hi rojoyinc,

You make some valid points in this thread. However, could I ask that if you still feel so strongly about all of this, that you place a post summariasing the issues you have, and some potential enhancements, so that eric can then review and address them if he feels it is necessary ?

Please bare in mind though, that most of these backing tracks are created, uploaded and kept on the site at the discretion of whichever user did actually create them. Hence the policing and storing of the files is rather loose to encourage people to continue posting them as they see fit.

I managed to find the backing track you were searching for using the Search -> Advanced Search function. I typed in Europa into the Key Words section, and then Selected the Unlimited Backing Tracks forum to search in. It came up straight away ! I think this is how most users search for Backing Tracks, and most find it to work well.

Takes a bit of practice, but with a bit more exposure to it, it comes natural.
:thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is true - people are making them, and I SURELY appreciate it. So sometimes it's best to not look a gift horse in the mouth and just take what is given how it's given.

Just this place could be SO much better.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You really should have read the FAQ, it would have saved you lots of trouble. There are 2 sections, the Backing Track Exchange (free, limit on uploads...so they are eventually removed) and the Unlimited Section (not free, no limits on uploads, all tracks stay where they are uploaded). Tracks in the free section have to be limited or it would take a massive amount of bandwidth (an mp3 file is alot bigger than a photo... so a free archive without limits is not possible).

The thread you linked to was a thread that I started in the Unlimited section to archive all my BT creations(over 200 at the moment). It would be foolish for me to post them in the free section, having to repost over and over again, when I can keep them there. Hope this clears things up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the info - though the area I'm referring to that has missing background tracks IS the unlimited one.

How ever I did find the two I was looking for with a advanced search and lots of paging through the thread it said it was one.

It actually said it was in two threads.
I looked all through one - found a request for it- but now file.

Looked in the other and found the file.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Right, the way POD GOD described it is on the old forum. On this one you will find some missing in the unlimited but there are still way more in there, sorry for the confusion, rojoyinc.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
ericgtr said:
Right, the way POD GOD described it is on the old forum. On this one you will find some missing in the unlimited but there are still way more in there, sorry for the confusion, rojoyinc.
Lol, thanx for clearing that up Eric...I had no idea:scratch:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts