Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once I made all of the modifications, installed the Floyd, aligned the neck, and did my "mock" build, I tore it apart and and began hours and hours of tedious masking. Check it out! :icon_peac

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's where I'm at now folks.
The body is now being clear coated.
Once the paint cures and everything is put back together, I'll post more pics. :icon_thum

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Ain't seen a replica of this before - thats too cool. Can't wait to see it finished:icon_thum

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
that is simply awesome .. fantastic work ... i don't think i've seen a replica of this either ! well done :thumb:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi Dino,
I'm known as Strat78 around these woods but I'm Atlantica over at ClassicVanHalen.com. Glad to see you here! You are a great guy and you have much to offer this board! I must spend more time over at EVH.com. Love the Star guitar and can't wait

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm known as Strat78 around these woods but I'm Atlantica over at ClassicVanHalen.com. Glad to see you here! You are a great guy and you have much to offer this board! I must spend more time over at EVH.com. Love the Star guitar and can't wait
Hey there!
Thanks so much for the compliments and the warm welcome.
Nice to know I have friends in these neck of the woods too! :)
This looks like a very cool place to hang out and learn new things.
I'm looking forward to it! :icon_thum

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice replica bro...i seen this one at http://www.vanhalenguitars.com/
Thanks!
I actually emailed Scott (the owner of that replica) and asked him if he would mind sending me pics of that guitar so I could use them as a reference. He emailed me back and told me that he added them to his site for me.
That was SO cool of him to do. He's really a great guy. :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Awesome work! :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
looking absolutly fantastic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts