Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EvilGtr\'s Looks That Kill

Hi guys, a million thanks to those who bothered to check out my "Truth Of Life" which happened to be my first original post on 101 lol. I'm not too good in writing so pardon the nuances heh heh. Here's a second one that is going on my personal demo. This is called Looks That Kill, a song I wrote to sound like one of those 80's hair band music eheh.

Drums and Bass: Programmed
Rhythm Lead Guits: Myself
Vox: Myself again this time is done with less efx =)

She's got the best smile any man could have seen
You gotta see it then you'll know what I mean
I felt my lovin all rush to my head
And no it's not just all about sex
Oh Father
Oh Father
Please let me have her number
Oh Father
Oh Father
I've gotta get nearer
God Help
She's got the looks that kill
God Damn
She's got the rack that kill
God Send
She's got the eyes that steals
God Please
She's got the looks that kill
Some of my friends say that I'm crazy
Girls like her will never fall for me
But hey, I think she just took a glance this way
Maybe if i'd only ask her?
Oh Maybe
Yes Maybe
If I have the balls to walk out there
Oh Maybe
Just Maybe
I could get lucky
God Help
She's got the looks that kills
damn
God Damn
She's got the rack that kills
God Send
She's got the eyes that steals
God Please
She's got the looks that kills

- EvilGtr

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Re: EvilGtr\'s Looks That Kill

This was great Evil, kickass job!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

hey man,
that was really really killer man.. kick ass!!! great job.. much improved mixing.. really good sound.. vox alll really nicely in tune and great attitude man.. nice improved guitar solos..
killer tone too man.. and this is no white lie.. all truth.. great job ...

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts

Good song Evil. Well structured and good tone of the solo.

"She's got the rack that kills" - LOL!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

hey thanks. hope you guys enjoyed it. I'm posting a nu-metal original soon (but with solos) remember to tune in

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts

Evil is rockin da house!!!...Great job!!

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts

awesome job dude. that rocked

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

I dig this BIG TIME bro.......well done and way to go......

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
EvilGtr said:
Hi guys, a million thanks to those who bothered to check out my "Truth Of Life" which happened to be my first original post on 101.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought your first original post was that Evil Hip Hop Beat that you posted way back a few months ago. I still have that file and listened to it on a CD this weekend in the car. My girlfriend didn't like it too much but I think it ROCKS!

Great job on this new tune. Production and mixing were fantastic. Tone and playing were real good. Loved the solo. Yes, this defintiely would have fit in well during the early eaighties. Your vocals have a bit of an Elvis Costello feel to them. Keep me posted on the release of your demo. I might just wanna get a copy from ya.

What did you use for those drums and bassline (you said you programmed it)? They were spanking and a thumping. Gave your riffs some good punch. I would like to know because I am currently in search of a good resource for drums. I have a bass guitar but not much understanding of recording bass. THe bass in this track sounded great, I thought.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

[ QUOTE ]
kc_artist_rocker said:
[ QUOTE ]
EvilGtr said:
Hi guys, a million thanks to those who bothered to check out my "Truth Of Life" which happened to be my first original post on 101.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought your first original post was that Evil Hip Hop Beat that you posted way back a few months ago. I still have that file and listened to it on a CD this weekend in the car. My girlfriend didn't like it too much but I think it ROCKS!

Great job on this new tune. Production and mixing were fantastic. Tone and playing were real good. Loved the solo. Yes, this defintiely would have fit in well during the early eaighties. Your vocals have a bit of an Elvis Costello feel to them. Keep me posted on the release of your demo. I might just wanna get a copy from ya.

What did you use for those drums and bassline (you said you programmed it)? They were spanking and a thumping. Gave your riffs some good punch. I would like to know because I am currently in search of a good resource for drums. I have a bass guitar but not much understanding of recording bass. THe bass in this track sounded great, I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I meant a full original song lol.
Uhm, I used DrRhumba for drums and RubberDuck for bass
try them out they are pretty user friendly

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
raiderwrestler said:
i thought it was horrible. sorry, just being honest. if it came onthe radio, i would turn it up to let my friends laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not being arsey but why post an unconstructive critique without say why you didn't like it? At least explain your comment.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

[ QUOTE ]
raiderwrestler said:
i thought it was horrible. sorry, just being honest. if it came onthe radio, i would turn it up to let my friends laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]
honesty appreciated

1 - 20 of 22 Posts