Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This crap needs to stop.
Limiting DLs to just these two sites that don't provide for everyone's use is absolute selfish garbage, especially when there are many easy options that don't deny anybody.
Please, play fair,or go sit in the corner.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
These things are slow as molasses, not doubt about it, but if that's the only way to get good shows we gotta live with it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, there are other options, of course, don't know if i can write their name here.
Anyway, who cares, Mega and zippyshare are ultrafast and perfect. why don't use them?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
This crap needs to stop.
Limiting DLs to just these two sites that don't provide for everyone's use is absolute selfish garbage, especially when there are many easy options that don't deny anybody.
Please, play fair,or go sit in the corner.
are you still complaining about free music & how people choose to post them IN A WAY THAT WORKS FOR THEM???????
some pople may not have all the options that you seem to think they have,and out of the goodness of their hearts,they share music in a manner that is good for them,but you still whine and complain...
both EDGE & Tina have started to post on alternate mirrors,probably because they are tired of listening to you bitch and whine...if you are that ungrateful why dont you either join DIME or Traders den and get your own music,or go sit and the corner yourself....you are the only one who is complaining about those DL sites but you give the impression that everyone has problems...not so,seems to be only you ...and its a problem with YOUR computer.but you demand that others who post meet your needs at their own time and expense..grow up Ron....

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
While these two download sites are not my favorites, I am very grateful for the ability to download the music that I like regardless. I also applaud those who take the time and money to upload this wonderful music so that we may enjoy it. If you want this music subscribe to Rapidgator or Turbobit. Don't expect the uploader to spend more time and money for your benefit. Be thankful for the great folks that gives you this great music!

·
Super Moderator
37,656 Posts
I have to agree with mat dog. Although I am not too crazy about either Turbobit or Rapidgator, You get what you pay for. You want premium service, pay for your own account.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Having run my own blog for over 5 years, I can't tell you the difficulties that you encounter in uploading music. Some sites are not available in all countries. Some have file size limits. Some have incredibly slow downloads. It an't as easy as some folks think it is. On top of which, uploading to multiple sites takes time, time that most if us simply don't have. Those of us who upload files also have a life - family, work, responsibilities, friends, etc. We don't have endless time to upload to multiple sites, or split files into smaller pieces to accommodate some sites. We do the best we can to share music with folks. TO CONSTANTLY BE CRITICIZED FOR THE CHOICES WE MAKE FOR PROVIDING MUSIC FOR FREE WITH OUT ASKING ANYTHING IN RETURN IS THE FASTEST WAY TO HAVE US STOP UPLOADING. Please have some understanding and respect for the effort involved.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Good points, of course ... "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, etc." Still, it sure is nice for downloaders to enjoy the rapid speeds of Mediafire and Zippyshare, for example, than sit for potentially an hour or two waiting for the slower services to do their thing. It doesn't hurt to point out that if faster services can be used, they preferably should be.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As I've expressed previously... I'M NOT GETTING ANYTHING from either turbo or gator.
Those who have a problem with what I'm saying must not be having any problems getting what they want.
This site has become virtually dead for me since the two top (by far) posters went exclusive with severely limited or no useage turbo/gator, and now usually ignore my requests for re-ups. Yes, I'm pissed, and will be vocal about it, especially when ignored. Like everybody else, I fully appreciate this site and have for years, but now it's become silly with the stubborness of a few that have caused it to become an excersize in frustration for the newly ostracized. It's not right to hoard the board and then deny access when there are viable alternatives.
And I'm sick of the pitiful excuse that 'people have lives'. Who the hell doesn't? That's why I'm resentful of being slowed down in mine by this unneccessary indulgence just to get a few shows while most others are having a free for all.
Simply, let us all have a fair shot again.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
both EDGE & Tina have started to post on alternate mirrors,probably because they are tired of listening to you bitch and whine...if you are that ungrateful why dont you either join DIME or Traders den and get your own music,or go sit and the corner yourself....you are the only one who is complaining about those DL sites but you give the impression that everyone has problems...not so,seems to be only you ...and its a problem with YOUR computer.but you demand that others who post meet your needs at their own time and expense..grow up Ron....
To be clear, I did have computer issues, but with a new hard drive all is now well from that standpoint.
I am NOT the only one having the problems with turbo/gator, merely the most vocal. Calling me bitching and ungrateful or telling me to find another sandbox is petty and say's maybe you're missing the point I'm making.
I'm not referring to EDGE here, he's great, but tina and loco need to provide better mirrors like (occasionally) before. Plus, nobody is forcing anybody in regards to their time and expense, they choose and I respond if it doesn't work for me. Maybe if others having similar trouble would speak up it would be properly dealt with quicker. Yes, I'm trying to grow up, until then be nicer and I think we'll have a better time at this party.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hello Ron Whitfield,

I have read a lot of posts from you regarding you personal feeling about filehosters. For sure there are differences between the hosters and sometimes the differences aren't so little. Nevertheless I think that you should expect the filehoster you can get. The uploaders have definitively her/ his reasons to do so. And I am really happy that I can enjoy so much great music the have offered me. And we all should be really grateful that so many people offer us the music and spend a lot of time and money to do provide us the downloads. And we should not criticize them in a way like you do! So please be happy with the things you can get and think about a "thank you" post instead of your aggressive posts.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that you should expect the filehoster you can get, we all should be really grateful that so many people offer us the music and spend a lot of time and money to do provide us the downloads. And we should not criticize them in a way like you do and think about a "thank you" post instead of your aggressive posts.
I'll be quite happy to thank when I again have something to thank someone for, just like today for the minor dl success I've had this very morning coming from infrequent posters. And those certainly didn't happen with over used turbo or gator, I've got good reason to criticize currently. Hopefully, things will improve and we won't see any more of this.

·
Super Moderator
37,656 Posts
Again, most people post using DL services that work for them. We can expect people to cater to our needs/wants. This is all FREE! As I said before, you want top speed service, dish out your own money for account(s).

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What host do you use when you share all your stuff here Ron?
I use the starbraker don't get squat host, how's that work for you?
And when I do get around to sharing all my uncirc'ed and great sounding stuff it won't be to deny anyone, even my misguided detractors.

What good is getting it free when there's no getting?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
as has been said,why dont YOU pay for premium instead of expecting Tina & Loco & others to pay for additional mirror sites?
and Tina has been posting on FF as well...
you should re-read what speedymjb said too,and then think about what he said...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Having run my own blog for over 5 years, I can't tell you the difficulties that you encounter in uploading music. Some sites are not available in all countries. Some have file size limits. Some have incredibly slow downloads. It an't as easy as some folks think it is. On top of which, uploading to multiple sites takes time, time that most if us simply don't have. Those of us who upload files also have a life - family, work, responsibilities, friends, etc. We don't have endless time to upload to multiple sites, or split files into smaller pieces to accommodate some sites. We do the best we can to share music with folks. TO CONSTANTLY BE CRITICIZED FOR THE CHOICES WE MAKE FOR PROVIDING MUSIC FOR FREE WITH OUT ASKING ANYTHING IN RETURN IS THE FASTEST WAY TO HAVE US STOP UPLOADING. Please have some understanding and respect for the effort involved.
and a huge thank you for your wonderful blog!
the time & effort you put into all the great music and information you post is very appreciated....one of the best blogs around :)

·
Registered
26,209 Posts
I concur with the majority. I am quite thankful for all the posters. If you don't like what you are given, the Internet is a vast place to look for things. You don't complain to the milk man about him not having a cookie to go with the milk. You just go to the bakery and quit complaining.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts