Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I couldnt find a backing for this I used the original tune, Faith Noel by TSO. I tried some counter work in the mix to see how it sounded and so I wasnt just doing it note for note. Theres probably a few flubs in it, but it wouldnt be me if it didnt.
Thanks for listening
http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=10520.mp3
Keith
VGB

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This was amazing hun!!!....Keeper for sure!!:bowdown: :bowdown:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
nice mixing and gr8 playin!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was fckin killa keith, aweosme job dude, a keeper for sure!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
VB this is one hell of a mix, bro. Incredible playing :thumb: You totally blew my mind :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Sgstd,Rain, Jimmy,Zeppy,Flair, Mike Sting and Sling. It took me quite a while practicing this to get it right. Its not that difficult. Just alot different for me. It took me about a bazillion takes to get it the way I wanted it.
I played with my recording level alot to get the mix as equal as I could. I found out that note for note it was really hard to tell I was even playing, so I made a few counterparts to enhance the tune a lil bit.
I learned how to use the wah to make notes build and really come out like the original version did. It was one big lesson for me from start to end.

Thanks for listening and glad you liked it. I dont know who gave it 5 stars but thanks to whom ever, That really made me feel good about it.
Keith
VGB

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
wow keith to say this impressed me would be an understatement.. this was totally kickass bro..ima put this one on my xmas albumn.. well done:woot: :thumbup:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Wow this is killer! I like TSO stuff as it is,, and wow this is killer ! Excellent Mix with your guitar! I like what TSO do with rock music and classical influenced music such as this. this was killer for sure. Awesome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts