Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went off the deep end! I don't have the original of this file so it is far from the original BUT I do know Wes Montgomery's style so I just went with that. There are a few screwups but I redid this so many times trying to get it perfect it was getting worse. I hope ya atleast an listen to it without gritting your teeth!

·
Registered
400 Posts
yeah it sounded very smooth! i would have had the volume a bit higher for guitar though, did you do the backing as well? cause that sounded lovely

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa SS, very smooth, awesome job!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't worry SS, I didn't need to grit my teeth.....

.............in fact it made me smile all the way through....

I love this Jazzy, Smooth stuff, but wouldn't have a clue where to start. Good on ya, for having the balls to tackle it

Well Done

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AWE Guys THANKS ! Man I was afraid to post this,, REALLY glad you approve !! The old fingers don't do what the brain tells em very well anymore,:)

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
It shoud be SSS-Smooth Sling Shot. killa

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Guitaristic said:
yeah it sounded very smooth! i would have had the volume a bit higher for guitar though, did you do the backing as well? cause that sounded lovely

[/ QUOTE ]

No I didn't do the backing, Because Wes played a hollow electric it was very hard achieve his tone on a Strat. so I had to split the difference on the tone. But I do agree ,,wish I had my old Gretsch back just for doing jazz stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.