• rockonthis21

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Seq

Votes: 4 44.4%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
awesome stuff rockonthis . .sounds like you were really getting into it by the end .. sounds like the clean sound was a bit tough for you to play with .. maybe a bit too dry ? .. add some slight distortion and i mean SLIGHT ! . .hehe and some reverb and you may find it easier to play with .. you can obviously play some cool stuff and the distorted part is evidence of that ! , good luck you have my vote so far ! i really enjoyed it !

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey I thought you forgot about the bettle mate,why just 5 votes and you didnt put our names on the post also a PM before posting would've been nice :dunno:

Anyway here's mine,Thanks for taking the challenge :thumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
rockonthis,nice backing and playing man,got a surprise when the dirt tone kicks in. :thumb:

Dunno who voted before my post but should be banned hehe :wutblau:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey- sorry about that, I got that finished up around 1 am and I had to get up at 6 this morning, so I was a little hasty in getting to bed-

And killer playing- very Robben Ford like- excellent!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I went with Seq. The mix/sound on his recording is not the best overall, but for me its more important the playing. Seq had more interesting licks than Rockonthis21. Not everybody have the enough gear for a proper recording quality, and thats why i have to go with the playing. Its a more objective way of qualifiying an mp3. Great work both of you.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I had to go with rockonthis for this one ,

I really liked your licks seq , but it seemed too full on for the backing ... it was like 1 2 3 GO ! .. constant licks till the end of the song kinda thing . i thought rockonthis used some nice space and seperation in some of his licks .. and caputred the vibe of his particular backing . not saying yours was bad seq because your playing was really great .. i just preferred rock's .. good luck everyone !

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the comments everyone. This was a close one. I have had several comments that I use too much effects, so I tried going dry and clean on this one for the first part, which seemed to work.. I just couldn't resist kicking in the distortion though- it was just begging for it!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts