Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I thought this could be fun. List your favorite pieces of gear that you own, like the ones that you COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT. I'm thinking, if you can limit it to one thing, great, if you need a top 3, take 3! Also, I wanna know why you picked what you picked...Have fun!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hey there...at first i thought of my strat...then i recalled that jeff beck said that he doesn't play his guitar...he plays his amp...but finally i realized that if i had to chose only one piece of gear...it would have to be my trusty old gibson acoustic...especially if the electricity went out... :notme:

here's a pic of my circa 1960 gibson b-25...think about it...the same skilled craftsmen that made those famous '58 and '59 les pauls...probably put their skills to work on this very guitar...it plays like a dream...and never goes out of tune (not unlike my vox... :smirk: ).... :icon_peac

Attachments

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I am pretty fond of my hands and fingers. I realize there are people who play without them, in fact I know of one, but I am really glad that I do (although he at least has one full set on one hand). They let me pick up any instrument and play it. If I didn't have my fingers no hardware in the world would make up for them. But with them I can play guitar, bass, keyboard, etc...any piece of crap I can get my hands on.

But that isn't what you were thinking of was it...

Anyway. I like all my hardware. Could I part with it all, it would be hard to separate from any of it. I think though, that my Gibson has been with me almost this whole ride and I would really miss it a great deal even though I don't play it as often as my G&L. It has a lot of sentimental value to me and also plays like a dream....feather touch action, the whole bit.

But if I had to make a choice between my fingers and my Gibson I think I would choose to keep my fingers...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
do those fingers also double as picks...???...just wonderin'... :notme:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Here's my list:

Peavey 5150
Ibanez RG320
MXR ZW44 Od

I am such a lucky bastard.....

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
jimihendrix said:
do those fingers also double as picks...???...just wonderin'... :notme:
Only for my butt :blush:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess since this is my thread I should post something...

I no particular order..

My Modded Rogue Volume/Wah Pedal. I Modded it so that it doesn't do anything excepts for adding really awesome white noise (crackles and pops) when I move it. Kinda like when you play an old record. It makes a really cool vintage asthetic.

My KP-1 Korg Kaoss Pad. I've never found anything that can do everything what this does. It takes a little getting used to because you have to use your finger or your toe to use the touch LED screen, but once you figure out how you want to do it...IT FUCKING RULES!!! I highly recommend checking one out!

My Rocktron Midi-Mate. My Rack gear couldn't function without it - therefore I couldn't function without it. I have everything just the way I want it, so this is a necessity more and more.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My favorite besides obviously my guitars is my.....wait for it......here it comes........annnnd....Digitech GSP2101. I love it to death and would replace it immediately if something happened to it. Yeah, I know it's not some legendary thing....but it's "me" through and through.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
My '83 Kramer is the only axe of mine that has any sentimentality attached to it...all the other shit can easily be replaced.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
new/old orange rocker 30...

trying to find out if this is an old /new version of the rocker 30 combo...others i've seen have a darker orange hue along with a larger two piece logo...

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts

I'd probably say my Blues Jr, my Explorer, and my old Mosrite copy (Univox? Aria?). I can get just about any sound I want out of some combination of the three. Honestly, that old copy is probably the cheapest guitar I'd ever owned, and it's the one that you wouldn't get out of my hands at gunpoint. Those old P90s just sound so nasty, it's great.

G

·
Hard to say, because it changes from day to day.

Of all time: My Gibson Les Paul '76 (L6-S)

Right now: Gretsch Goldtop Doublejet. I considered getting TV Jones for this thing, but I'm not sure now, because it sounds good the way it is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts