Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

What is your favorite live album

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite officially released live album?
I would have to say Tribute. Randy Rhoads playing was flawless and Ozzy did a decent job singing for the show.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorta a small list, Um I'd have to vouch for How The West Was Won (Zeppelin live ) or Alice in Chains "Live" ( live album), but I couldn't see it on the list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love Tribute, but they did a real edit job on that show. I've got the boot of that show and Ozzy's singing is OK at best. Randy's tone is better on the boot than on the official release.

One live album that isn't listed is Black Sabbath "Live Evil". I absolutely love that album.

·
Registered
843 Posts
The only (and I mean the ONLY) thing that prevents "Tribute" from being a perfect album is the drum solo. If anything could have been afforded to be edited out then that would be it...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stevenh said:
I love Tribute, but they did a real edit job on that show. I've got the boot of that show and Ozzy's singing is OK at best. Randy's tone is better on the boot than on the official release.
What is the date and title for the boot?

·
Registered
13 Posts
theicecreamman said:
What is the date and title for the boot?
I'm not sure of the date, but its a Cleveland show. Randy's solo is slightly different, and they used the Montreal show solo for the Tribute album.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stevenh said:
I'm not sure of the date, but its a Cleveland show. Randy's solo is slightly different, and they used the Montreal show solo for the Tribute album.

Yeah I found it last night at eternalrhoads.com thanks though

·
Registered
368 Posts
From this short list I would pick Frampton. However I've never been a big fan of live albums. Bootlegs are interesting to listen to. However, I want to hear a band's studio quality sounds and if I like it, I'll go see them live. :rock:

·
Rockin the Free World
285 Posts
Dire Straights' Alchemy comes to mind... some of the best versions of Sultans of Swing and Tunnel of Love there is...

·
Registered
4 Posts
My choice ("other") is Strangers In The Night by UFO. Others that deserve to be on the list are Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush Live, Robin Trower Live!, All The World's A Stage by Rush and Tokyo Tapes by Scorpions (way better than World Wide Live).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rolling Stones-Get Yer YaYas Out
Maiden-Live After Death
Bob Dylan-Live 1966
Ramones-It's Alive
Husker Du-The Living End

·
Registered
224 Posts
Man, so many, but how to choose? Well for me, it's the live albums that for one reason or another hit me, inspired me and made be dream of rocking out of course! Unleashed in the East and Live After Death!!

·
Melody maker
101 Posts
Maiden's Live After Death, or Pink Floyd's "PULSE" (though I only have the DVD), or Michael Schenker's "Live in Tokyo '97".. at the moment, anyways ;)

1 - 20 of 235 Posts