Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Favourite Redrocker Toon/ Pre or Post VH

Alright guys i wanna here some feedback what is your favourite sammy solo or waboritas song? Oh dont forget montrose!

1 more question who's pre/post vh career did you find the best between Sammy - Montrose, Solo, Wabo's
Dave - DLR Band (i dont know if there is others because im not a solo dave fan)
Gary - Extreme, Tribe Of Judah

·
Guy who says Habutashi
393 Posts
Mine would be:
Montrose: Bad Motor Scooter
Pre VH: I Can't Drive 55
Post VH: Mas Tequila, Shaka Doobie (The Limit)

Are you gonna tell us what yours is?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
For some reason I've been in a Red Rocker mood the last few days. My favorite Montrose tune would be either, Bad Motor Scooter, or Space Station #5. I've got a few favorite Sam solo tunes though.

Call My Name
Heavy Metal
Shaka Doobie
Mas Tequila
Girl Gets Around
Hammer Falls Down

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Oh yea, I forgot about Three Lock Box. Kick ass tune there. Rock Candy is another one that's great live, and so is Red.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yes the Wabos do rock. I've seen them two or three times now, and each time they've rocked the house.I love David Lee Roth, but it's very clear that Sam has had the better solo career out of all three guys that have led the great Van Halen.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Keyboard_Man said:
mine is actually tied between extreme(not tribe of judah) and sammy
I dunno..Extreme did sell alot of records, but I'm not sure if they had more success then Dave did. He sold alot of records with EEAS, Skyscraper and A Lil Aint Enough. That's a toughie, but I'll give the nod to Dave.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
My favorite solo tunes would have to be Tropic of Capricorn and Both Sides Now. (With a special shout out for Maui Waui)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this may be annoying but i got one more question and by one i mean 2.
1.For guitarists out there what do you beleive the hardest and easiest vh solo's are
2.For fellow keyboarders what do you beleive the hardest vh song to play is(on keyboard obviously)

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
You know dude, you can just start topics on those individual questions, that way they'll get more answers. I'm not a keyboard player so I can't answer number two, but as a guitar player, I'll say that 5150 is the hardest VH song for me to play. That and I'm The One which I don't even attempt anymore.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I'm one of the Administrators at this great site. If I tell you that it's ok, then you can do it. Don't worry about what folks might say around here. Most of the folks here are positive guys that won't bag you for starting topics.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.