Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SS half stack (around $500)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the option to buy either a used fender 4x10 hot rod deville or a solid state half stack. Personally, I have liked the solid state amps I have used in the past, but is the deville worth trying? If I went solid state I would go Ampeg vh-140c or maybe a Randall. A used SS head and cab seem to run between 350-500 around here depending on which you get, and the deville's are about 500 used. I play metalcore, and do things from almost all acoustic songs all the way to death metal type stuff, so my range is huge. I use multiple stompboxes etc, so effects isn't what matters to me.

G

·
I have nothing against solid-state, but Fender Deville is the sh*t.

But, consider the Hot Rod Deluxe. It's cheaper, best selling, and is LOUD.

However, there are PLENTY of detractors. They say the overdrive channel is crap, but they're just stubborn players. You want to find an amp that will go along with your style, because if you don't, you'll blame your problems on the amp. With some amps, you have to adjust your playing technique, and most players just don't want to do that. Also, some players mod the hell out of their amps trying to make them sound better, when they could just play differently. It's cheaper that way, too.

I swear, if I were a touring musicians who had a record deal, I would keep playing HRDs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts