Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personaly I think that Fender is so much better than gibson. But why do people keep switching to gibson? (tom delong of blink-182,billi joel of green day) Me I will Always be a strat guy.

·
Registered
479 Posts
before I got my jackson...I was a die hard fender guy...(but still play a fender acoustic).....i think it's more personal preference.....sound and feel.....I loved my strat,but the first time I picked up my jackson it was love,it just felt right for me

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have two Strat's and a Les Paul.....

I really like my Les Paul, but but my Strats are definatly better guitars.

Besides, Billy Joe hasen't switched. He still uses his Fenders and Fernandez.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
A Strat and a LP are both very different, and generally used for different musical purposes. Set that aside though, and the LP (Gibson in general) neck is a hair shorter on the width than a Strat. I actually record most of my stuff with my LP, but I primarily use my Strat when gigging.

·
Registered
665 Posts
ahh both of the people you mention are corporate ass wipes
people listen to their music because they are told to by mtv

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
bbkane said:
ahh both of the people you mention are corporate ass wipes
people listen to their music because they are told to by mtv

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when does MTV play music?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm sticking with Ibanez all the way too
My dad, however, plays a strat and I "borrow" it every now and then to get the strat-ness factor (lol.) I've also set my eyes on an Epiphone SG since 100% of all Gibsons are beyond my budget

Basically neither is better, it goes by personal preference.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
this is an interesting one for sure . ive never cared for les pauls .. there was a breif spell where i thought they might be cool .. but i played one in a store and was bitterly dissapointed .. i should be getting a nice strat in november however . theres just something so comfortable about real fender stratocasters . and the tone and sustain of them is top notch . as for the Green Day and Blink dudes switching .. their music is more power chord strumming non stop for 3 minutes so it doesnt surprise me that they went for les pauls . i did notice Green Day are trying to "play more guitar" on their new record though lol ... and i looked at some tablature in a total guitar magazine .. and if that is playing more guitar then they must have been playing air guitar before this HAHAHAHAHA . *goes and listens to Bach* oh .. my reply cut short is this ....'Fender everytime'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only reason that I dont like gibson is that when I was at Guitar Center I put it on went to hit a power chord, And it fell on the floor and got a huge crack! And my dad had to pay 500$ for it (witch I had to pay him back) Plus we dident get to keep it Either. It was Fucked up. But my fender strat has never fell to the ground with out strap locks!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
agree with metabelis, strats are the business when it comes to a guitar for all occasions. However I still like the look of gibbos - shame I can't afford the $5000 for a Lifeson style white ES-335.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I'll be getting the Gibson SG Tony Iommi Signature Model this year end....but I am not putting Fenders down cos I already own one.....There goes the bonus for this year...........lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dunno but I have played LP's in the store and I think they suck...no feel at all. I prefer something that feels fast, but with a fat sound. So neither works for me, but the Fender plays better.

My current axe is a Jackson soloist SLSMG. It is one that meets those requirements for me. It is the ebony fingerboard that really does it for me...feels very fast. The EMG HZ's sound hot and the combination of neck-thru and string thru with jumbo frets seem to give it sustain for days.

----------
-Keith

·
Registered
3 Posts
For my money. My primary guitar is my Gibson LP Standard. I respect Fender. Specifically I like the Tele, but there is no comparison to my LP.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I love everything about Fender except their insistence on single-coils. If they would branch out into the fat-strat market they'd be set, I know i'd pay for a Fender genuine w/ 2 humbuckers over a Jackson or god forbid a KRamer. By the 25th of Septemder I'll have a strat w/ Seymour Duncan AlnicoII Pro in the neck and a Pearly Gates in the bridge and It'll sound Indescribably Awesome. I"ll post pics when I get to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gee, why restrict yourself to just Fender and Gibson. I have strats and tele's and prefer Tele's, but Gibsons can be sweet, I have a ES335 and ES175, Arai PE's (Les Paul) and Ibz AR series, plus a few Yamaha SG's which Santana made famous. Sustain and tone machines. Ibanez have made heaps of super guitars with really fast necks, just sweet to play. I am also impressed with G&L's (ASATS) and have a ballsy Framus.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts