Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I have a Fender Power Chorus amplifier that I really no longer need since I purchased the new Cyber Twin SE. It appears that this is a fairly rare amplifier. Searches on the net don't turn up much info, and I even called a few of the local music stores in this area (Indianapolis) and they had never even heard of it! So I called a couple of amplifier repair shops, and they said the same thing! After a bit more digging I doscovered that this amp was the grand daddy of the Ultimate CHorus series of amps.

Anyway, any ideas as to how much this amp is worth? It's in very good condition and everything works. No scratchy volume pots.

Any info you ppl can provide will be much appreciated!

Rock on!
rj

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have u tried IRC by Sam Ash? or even Sam Ash? lol (someone else in Indy :p)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Goport - Thanks for that link. I never ran across that one while searching the web for info.

Seems like most of the people that did reviews of that amp would agree with my oppinion that the clean channel and the chorus effect are great, but the distortion channel is a bit weak. When I bought this amp I was after that clean tone. I have a Marshall JCM 800 and used that for my dirty tones, but wanted a "Pure clean" sound too. The Marshall couldn't deliver on that request, but the Power Chorus was perfect for that!

Looks like this amp has been going for around $300 used - I would be happy if I could get that much for it. We'll see.

Thanks again!

rj

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
no problem fella! Harmony Central is a good place to check before you buy/sell anything because it has genuine user reviews. Glad I could help :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts