Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get as frustrated as I do when someone has the generosity to share a great show with everyone, but then uses 'filefactory' as the hosting site ? FileFactory is the most user un-friendly hosting site I've run across... I can try 100 times to try and download a show and strike out a 100 times. Can we all agree to start using other better hosting sites... like rapidshare, or rapidgator, or wupload, or freakshare, or even bitshare ? None of these sites have the "no free download slots available at this time" b.s. Let's here some responses !!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
ff is not as bad as it was recently but it can still really frustrate, even worse when someone goes premium exclusive, that uber-sucks. Pigsonic is nearly as bad and rapidshare won't give me anything. 4share and mediafire are the friendliest to dl from but maybe not so great for the loader. Why some are so in love with shit servers is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
.................... rapidshare won't give me anything. 4share and mediafire are the friendliest to dl from but maybe not so great for the loader. Why some are so in love with shit servers is beyond me.
from where i am (Ireland) Rapidshare & Mediafire always work fine, FF is hit and miss - can be trying for days with some links and yet get others instantly, as for 4S, i don't even bother when i see that nemr any more........

·
Registered
918 Posts
USE WWW.MEGALEECH.US

BEEN TRYING A FILEFUCTORY LINK FOR FREAKIN EVER AND GOT THAT STUPID ASS 'NO FREE SLOTS' HORSESHIT...

TRIED MEGALEECH- IT STARTED THE DOWNLOAD RIGHT AWAY- NO ''FULL SLOTS'' BS- NO WAIT TIME- NO STUPID UNREADABLE CAPTCHA HORSESHIT...

PEOPLE UPLOAD TO FF KNOWING FULL WELL IT PISSES PEOPLE OFF..YET THEY CONTINUE TO DO SO...

RAPIDAHRE'S A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME NOW TOO...JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLE DAYS.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Funny thing, lately FF has been working for me, but mainly it's a huge, worthless pain in the ass.

With Depositfile all I ever get is pop-up ads blocking the download button.

I've never had an issue with Mediafire or Rapidshare.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I could be wrong but...

I believe that FileFactory is one of the few hosting sites left, that reliably pays for downloads, and some uploaders are doing it for money. :shock: ;)

However, if few can actually download the files, I don't know how much money they're making...

·
Registered
14 Posts
...I'm not criticizing uploading to get paid. It's fine to cover costs or for any other reason. I appreciate all of the uploaders hard work (especially if I'm able to download it. :smirk: ).

Last night, using 'megaleech', I was able to get something I couldn't get before. I wonder how long that will work?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I post shows but have stopped downloading from here, too many ff links, can't be bothered to sift through the posts. Its a massive let down. Mediafire, in my opinion, are the best option at the moment.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Plus, this just can't b a problem with MY eyes....man times I can't read the code words u r suppose to submit to gain access, even if u DO get a free slot. Is it me or is that on purpose? The other night I missed so many attempts it banned me for the day.

·
Registered
615 Posts
i already let a message in this forum
about that ( filefactory) of course there's
so much other companies that we can download who never tells ( all slots busy ) .

for sure the company want us to absolutely pay to have access more easily to files and also they surely think that it's better for them to make the more money possible before they maybe will close in the near future like megaupload maybe !

·
Registered
57 Posts
So tlazy, uploaders only use FF to get paid? Thats a bit shit for the rest of us if their only interested in the money as many on here say they do it for the love of sharing & not the financial rewards. I guess if they want to prove this as so then they would move their files to mediafire or somebody else that most people don't have problems with but if theirs less money involved then I guess they won't.

I've been trying for days to get a couple of downloads from FF & not once has it let me get them, this guy ain't gonna get paid much at this rate :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Just my opinion here, but after the MegaUpload fiasco, it seems that all of the hosting sites are really watching thier asses on what is posted. MediaFire was cool at first, but yanked my account because of a Zeppelin post, and Hotfile did the same after I posted a Who bootleg. Seems the hosting sites are paranoid as hell right now and afraid of getting busted. All of these other hosting sites suck ass with long DL times or limited file space. I think the time for on line trading is coming to an end in the near future, thanks to the DCMA.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Here's something else to think about - if hosting sites are so paranoid about getting busted and deleting accounts, why does You Tube so blantly post copyrighted material such as new albums and official video? I don't see them banning anyone or removing material.:rolleyes::scratch:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hardly download from sites these days as torrents seem to be the west way to go, got everything I have been after from Dime, Zomb etc without any of the hassle of links not working or the plebs that create havoc on sites like this. File sharing on sites like this will soon be dead which is a shame but hey you have to adapt with the changes & most of it is out their if you look hard enough on the good torrent sites.

Youtube has got away with murder for years & one day it will come back to bite them on the ass (too many people on their selling bootlegs so I hope it closes down) :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
going back a few months, i couldn't get anything uploaded to FF by wolfsbane or ghostface to come through for ridiculous amounts of time (i'm talking banging at one concert i wanted for several weeks, every few days - often, til i simply forgot about them, oh well), always with the 'slots busy' bullshit.
and interestingly ANYthing by tinadance here, using filefactory, i had a 99% success rate getting a slot to DL.
it makes me think, where's the money, actually?
is it there for the uploaders when tons and tons of DLs come from a particular link?
people DL a show and they're just happy to have it - and the FF adverts are paid for because music-lovers are happy?
OR is it when there's a in-demand show simply generating traffic and hits to a particular show's link WITHOUT an upload even happenin - them trying their damndest to get a particular group of music geeks (like us people coming to g101) to 'enroll, enroll NOW!' in their premium programs?
instead, hoping and trying to build the frustration to a boil, so we all finally say, 'fuck it. what's a couple hundred bucks a year for this?'
it might be because simple probability in winning the FF 'lottery' here...but i OFTEN find FF links through other sources (filestube, filetram) which work instantly just like tina's have in the past, but i try some of the ones a few others posting to be nearly imposssible and i end up having to say 'y'know, fuck it' for their shows....

1 - 20 of 100 Posts