Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides hanging out at guitar stores, what are some ways to hook up with others locally to jam and learn with?

I think I would really benefit from jamming with others.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
you guys should at least have your city written into your profile...that gives people an idea of whereabouts you live... :icon_peac

·
Your own personal Satan
766 Posts
Craig's list is pretty good, if you live in the metro area of one of the cities they serve. There's a musicians' section. And I'm pretty sure it's free to place a musician ad.

http://www.craigslist.org/

In my area we have a weekly "pennysaver" newspaper that has some musician ads, and a local music scene free monthly paper with ads.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have ads posted on the bulletin boards of 3 shops around my town with my name, phone #, email, aim, yim, & msn and a top secret soundclick url on it. i haven't gotten any calls or emails or anything but i know people are looking at the soundclick page i set up. i haven't given that url to anyone at all otherwise. the only way anyone could possibly know about that page is by using the link on those ads.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This board rocks!!

Well, since I have posted the first question, I have gotten in touch with a couple of guys around the area, one who lives about 5 minutes away from me.

So I would say that boards like these are a great way to get together with others.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts