Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CHECK PAGE 2 FOR UPDATED VERSION !!!

well it seemed to take quite a while and we had two substitutions but here it is .

Slot 1 = 0:00 - 1:01 = Nroberts
Slot 2 = 1:01 - 2:12 = elecjoy
Slot 3 = 2:12 - 3:24 = DannyBoy
Slot 4 = 3:24 - END = Stiglar

Good job you guys and thanks to Stig and Elecjoy for jumping in when Mike and Mondy had a few drawbacks/problems and for doing such outstanding jobs :thumb:. Ithink it ended up coming out pretty nice :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
DB sorry to be a pain mate... My part seems slightly out of time. Do you need me to send you the full mix again? Great jam though!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
how could it possibly be out of time ? lol . you pressed record right from the start . i also deleted my own part . as well as everyone elses parts lol . i mean it sounds fine to me ... you sure its out ... when you put it in there with other peoples playing it can sound a little out cause the other players coming and going put your ear off ... give it a few more listens to make sure ... if its still out then ... umm ... we all gotta do it again i guess . :lol:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Awesome

some great playing all round i must say ! .. danny you just kept goin and goin with that shreddin ! nice work

was glad to be a part of it :thumb:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think it sounds great actually. Some really tasty playing from you all.

Nroberts - Nice tone, I would have maybe opted for something a little more overdriven to suit the rest of the jam, also it sounds like you were using the C minor pentatonic when you should have been using the A minor pentatonic and C Major scale

Elecjoy - Great tone and some really cool ideas. Some really tasty playing there. Great lick around the 1:40 mark.

DB - Cool tone and great playing. Maybe the wrong kind of jam for sweep picking though.

Stiglar - Again, really good tone. The most suited to this jam I think. Really melodic phrasing.

All round excellence.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right on phil . i agree with you , mind you ... since i was 3rd .. i thought i outta try and create some sort of climax to the song so that the guy in last could come back down ... thats how most instrumentals i have heard seem to go ... some of it doesnt fit ... but DB will be DB wether ya like it or not :lol: what a git eh!

·
Registered
470 Posts
dannyboy said:
how could it possibly be out of time ? lol . you pressed record right from the start ... give it a few more listens to make sure ... if its still out then ... umm ... we all gotta do it again i guess . :lol:
Yeah, it's out...no biggie though, I've attached the full mix so you can hear it - you've set it to come in a bit early.

If you drop my file in at the start of the song and then convert the first few secs of the file I sent to silence, it should be perfick!

:dance:

Cheers E.

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Been waiting for this one:D (seems like FOREVER! LOL....) Awesome job by all...... db, just keep on rippin bro, I feel it :jam: . Gotta say for myself that Stiglar, IMO, was the perfect take on it, as far as fit to the BT. Beutifully done guy's!!:thumb: :icon_peac

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Nice jam guys......everyone has some great tones/playing going on here. I really like your thick ZZ type tone Elecjoy.

As for timing getting off a bit.....this is going to sound nuts, but for some reason if everyone starts right at the beginning some programs will cut off a few miliseconds for some reason I cannot figure out. It has happened to me a few times.

The best way to ensure PERFECT timing is to add about 4 clicks to the very beginning of the jam track and use them to align the solo tracks. Most of the time the beginning left edge will be right, but not always.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Another note-People don't usually see these things in "Completed Jams" since this is really an archieve....so you can post these completed jams in the regular Jam room if you want and I'll move them later....your choice.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
phil28uk said:
Nroberts - Nice tone, I would have maybe opted for something a little more overdriven to suit the rest of the jam, also it sounds like you were using the C minor pentatonic when you should have been using the A minor pentatonic and C Major scale
Well, this is the first I have heard the rest of the jam. I played what I thought sounded right with the BT. I tried A min. and didn't like it...I don't know that 'should' really comes into it. I agree though, my part sucks but this is my first jam in this kind of music.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I really enjoyed everyone's submissions for this jam. DB's rip snorting shreddin pushed the energy which was cool, leaving Stig to clear up the shrapnel with his stunning phrasing and tone. Nice fella's!

Noah don't be so hard on yourself man... you didn't suck, nobody ever does on these jams - you just get better the more you do!

;)

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok , since i deleted everyones parts from my computer i am gonna have to ask you all to send me your parts again cause elecjoy ain't happy and i don't want him to be annoyed everytime he hears this jam ... i also deleted my own part buti will just play it again . it shouldn't take as long this time around since you already done your parts and just have to email them to me ... i will post the updated version in this thread .

also ... i will send elecjoy a lo-fi example with his part to make sure its all lined up right ...

to clarify : - Stig Can you send me your guitar part alone ( i believe yours is in time :) )

- Noah can you send me your guitar part alone ( i believe yours also is in time :) )

- Elec can you send me your guitar part by itself and the lo-fi with backing i will try and line them up right then show you through email until its right .

- Dannyboy ... do your part again lol ( i kinda want to anyway)

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got it stig mate . i also got noahs again cheers noah . will put this up in a day or so i would imagine :)

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATED VERSION!!!

well it was out for sure . thanks VH for explaining how that happened . i think i nailed it this time though elec , so heres the updated version , did my solo again , not as much shred cause it indeed did just sound a bit misplaced .. still tried to make some sort of climax though :) ... enjoy :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Very nice jam guys. I really enjoyed this laid-back jam. I'm glad we're keeping up this type of activity in this forum. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
886 Posts
The updated version is a better mix and Elecjoy's part is much better. Lovely playing again. Also DB, your part was much more fitting this time around. Stiglar was bang on again with the phrasing and tone. Also NRoberts part was much nicer. The clean was a little bit more sparkly and phrasing was better.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well everyones parts were the same as last time .. cept mine of course ... must simply be the way i mixed it in this time .. brought out certain things perhaps ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts