Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first collab request...hey there...this is the rhythm guitar part for one of my tunes located here http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29901
it needs a drum track and/or bass line...it could probably need a super lead guitar part along with a wicked vocalist...in other words...the entire song... :icon_thum
i'm looking for anyone to collaborate to make this an entirely new tune...i can't wait to hear the results...thanks... :icon_peac :jam: :bannana_g

Attachments

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
jimihendrix said:
first collab request...hey there...this is the rhythm guitar part for one of my tunes located here http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29901
it needs a drum track and/or bass line...it could probably need a super lead guitar part along with a wicked vocalist...in other words...the entire song... :icon_thum
i'm looking for anyone to collaborate to make this an entirely new tune...i can't wait to hear the results...thanks... :icon_peac :jam: :bannana_g
Might be fun. I have a suggestion: make a click track that runs for the duration of the song. Play the click while recording. You might want to leave a few clicks in the distributed file. Then tell us exactly what bpm the click is at and if it ever changes. That way the drum writer can come up with something easier. I don't know how other people's works but for me I can set a bpm and it will stay there, but finding the exact rate, if there even is one, can be tough. The drums invariably go out of sync with the rest of the song if even by a little bit.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the problem...i suck at programming drums...that includes click tracks... :sssh:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
jimihendrix said:
that's the problem...i suck at programming drums...that includes click tracks... :sssh:
I don't know where it would be, but I think most recording programs have clicks. You can set it for a particular rate and then listen to it through headphones while recording again. Then at least you know you are at a steady rate and can tell the drum writer what that is so they can program the machine accordingly.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i haven't got a clue...maybe someone could import the rhythm track into their software and figure it out...or they could just try to lay down a solo over the top.... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok..i found a free utility that calculates beats per minute...

MixMeister BPM Analyzer, a free utility you can use to determine the exact BPM (beats per minute) of any song. Try a tiny taste of our technology.

it can be downloaded here...

http://www.mixmeister.com/download.html

·
Registered
574 Posts
I use Cool Edit Pro 2.1. It has a metronome in it that is recordable and you can set the bpm... etc. It's under Options in Cool Edit. Hope that helps...

Hey.. that's a nifty little program jimi. Load a song and it tells you the bpm and you can go set your metronome exactly like the song.

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Very purdy jimi ! hope ya find sumfin good to go with it ! Im not much on writing words or singin but I like this alot !

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Hey JimiH - I could make a click track for you - then you could add your music to it, but you would have to play it again to get it to sync up. Then, after you get that done, perhaps I could help out with some leads er rhythms er sumthin.

Sound cool?

Rj

G

·
Lyrics

Hey - GREAT song, kind of reminds me of an updated 80s ballad. I'm working on some lyrics and a melody for this one - getting close. Thematic suggestions would be much appreciated....

G

·
Just kidding

I read past the link you posted - turns out you already have lyrics and a melody! Oh well. Listened to the full song.....lucky girl ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts