Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Six months ago, my trusty iMac died and I've been unable to record anything until I got a new one around Xmas.Needless to say I got a bit rusty.
I've had to get used to Garage Band in the meantime, a neat recording and composing software that comes with the iLife suite of sw for Mac OSX.
Garage Band comes with a truckload of MIDI and real instrument loops + sound effects that really help in making cool backing tracks.

I posted a couple of these backing tracks in the BT forums a while ago, and GuitarWizard had stab at them... :thumb: That was neat to have others play to my BT.

I finally decided it was time to submit some of my work to the scrutiny of my fellow guitarted friends at Guitars 101, so here it is. It's not so much a song as it's a clip to showcase a solo idea I developed around the BT.

I hope you like it.

Attachments

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
this is great! beautiful, solid and superb tones and phrasing.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goport said:
this is great! beautiful, solid and superb tones and phrasing.
Thank you very much. I appreciate the feedback.
I really had to compose this solo so it would sound like a song onto itself. I hope I managed to get the thing accross.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
WHoa CC!!!!.......This is fkin Killa hun!!!!...I love this heavy tone ...LOVE IT!!!!....Yes plz post more,,,,,:icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Man CC this kicked fkin ass, man that tone with that drop D tuning is just fkin aweosme, killa job!! :icon_thum :rock: :jam:

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ericgtr said:
Excellent, well produced and clean. Great playing dude :thumb:
I took the wahwah approach: 972 takes for some of the solo sections. One of these had to be in the ballpark! :lol:

The more I listen to it and the more I want to yank the post out. I drives me crazy! :lol:

Thanks for the encouragments. I'll stick to it...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fricken A..... dude that was some killer playing.....super tone, super clean and great style all the way. Great to have ya back posting tracks on the board dude.

:thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sweeps said:
Sounds good my fellow MAC user. What did you use for the guitars tones? GB or a POD?
Hey Sweeps!
I have not bothered with GB's built-in amp emulation yet. I'm so happy with my Pod that I don't see the need for that.:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts