Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aye

im new to this forum and will be my first time playing the guitar. can u lads gimme a bit of info on wat guitars to buy and what not? im looking for a decent electric guitar, but i have no knowledge of guitars

·
Registered
104 Posts
Alright... lemme pull out my inner guitar geek...

In electri guitars there are a few big name brands that offer starter guitars and amp packages, look up Gibson (it'll be under their Epiphone brand), Fender (It'll be under their Squier brand) and Ibanez if you're interested in that. Most are around the $200-$300 range. However you don't need to buy name brand, there's always the chance that you find some little-known guitar that turns out to be perfect.

You'll have to identify what kind of music you play and get a guitar for that. If you're into harder rock, a Gibson/Epiphone guitar with humbucking pickups (ask at the store) will provide that crunchy power. If you're into more traditional blues or jazz, a Fender/Squier single-coil pickup guitar would be right up that alley. If you're into shred metal, companies like Dean guitars and Ibanez provide some cheaper metal guitars.

If you want to get a higher quiality guitar, the best way is to find a local guitar shop, go in, ask the clerks for what you're looking for and hopefully they'll know enough to be a help. And always ALWAYS try the guitar before you buy. Even if you just play random nonsense notes, you should be sure you like the feel and flow of the guitar. Chances are if you like the guitar you'll stick with it longer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's always essential that you try out as many guitars as possible before you buy one. In my experience around $300 will get you a guitar that should last for atleast 5 years. Overall make sure that the guitar feels comfortable when you sit with it and play

1 - 3 of 3 Posts