Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is the first thing I have put up. I joined this site about 2 months ago, and as I said then I was still getting over a badly broken arm. I broke my right arm in 4 places and had to have my wrist rebuilt, and a couple of rods in my radius and ulna, and a shiny new titanium elbow. :wtf: Anyway enough excuses, I haven't been able to play since last April, and have been trying to get back into playing shape the past 2 weeks, so here is my first attempt. For some reason I was nervous about doing this, so I just ran through it once, and then hit record. For those who want to know the technical side, I used an Epi Les Paul Junior with a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates, Pod XT recorded with a Zoom MRS8. I converted the files and imported them into my computer and mastered it in Audition with Ozone. I feel good that I got this first one out of the way, there's some slop in the playing, but I like the BT, and just may redo it all anyway. Comments always welcome.

·
Registered
303 Posts
real cool man!! ha, loved the backing track, and your playing is solid. :) Best of luck in your recovery.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
nice meaty tone with this :)
didnt know bout yer predicament but ya couldnt tell in the song, great stuff :)
bet youve had tunes going round in yer head for a long time and felt frustrated ya couldnt play?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
This is a killer backing track....and exlnt jam over top, bro!!! :jam: You used a lot of licks that I would've used myself. We have very similar styles.:thumb: :toothless

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the nice words guys. Now that I know I can play again, there are so many things I want to record, starting with redoing this one with what I hear in my head. Look out the floodgates are open now. I will be posting more tunes.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
sounds like you have made a pretty good recovery. this is a great swingtime blues piece. brilliant!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hey there...sounds awesome to me....did you ask for truss rods to be installed...???...(just jokin' eh)...you could be in a worse off predicament...here's an example of determination...thanks - paul

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jimi and Rid...........and you're right, after a picture like that I feel pretty damn lucky. I remember seeing that guy on 60 minutes, and it is incredible what he can play with his feet. I've got some more tunes I'm working on and will post more soon.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Love some blues....Great tone you got there Ry!!!:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey! Man... awesome axe you got goin! Way smooth. I wanna play like that!!!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I never would have believed you suffered any damage to your arm :wtf: I love this style of music and you played this extremely well. Great tone on this track and the playing is fantastic. :thumb:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
cool stuff, obvious your recovery was a success.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This really swings. Sounds like you probably had a blast recording this. Your tone sets well with the horns in the BT. Excellent recording.

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Very nice rhythmeen ! Nice tone on that epi lp ... been thinkin bout gettin one of those just for a lil diff tone than my strats sometimes . Nice playin !

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
wow man glad to see your recovery is goin well.. this was an awsome post for just gettin back into the swing of things... look forward to hearin more:thumb:

·
Registered
265 Posts
very nice blues .. i know it can be tough waiting to heal so ya can play,, broke my wrist a fews years back ,( my left :doh: ) i never needed no pins though ,,you sound great man

1 - 20 of 26 Posts