Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just get such a kick out of the whole Evil Dead/Army of Darkness bit...kinda the Monty Python of the Horror genre. LOL
Anyway, I saw the XBox video game named "Fistfull of Boomstick" and it just kinda inspired me to try and create a little musical homage to one of my fav horror movie series..
It was recorded several months back, using my Dean 7 strings (EVO & Avalanche) and my J-Station for all the tones (Guitar & Bass)...with the exception of the one solo towards the end of the tune, which was done with my GNX1. Fruity Loops for drums & sound samples and Guitar Tracks Pro 2.0 for recording.

The goofy little sound bytes are just taken from real low quality mp3s/WAVs that I found on the web...so there's a noticable hiss & some others noise in the spots where they come in...but they still help with the story (LOL) & add a little entertainment value (hopefully). :woot:

So let me know whatcha think...& thanks for listening! :rock:
Don

**Edit**
Due to file storage limits...I had to delete this mp3..if you want to hear it, you can find it on my SoundClick site on the "Music" page:
http://www.soundclick.com/donmadison

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
killer!! Awsesome job!!!:mix:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i'm diggin all the tunes you keep posting chip ;)

gonna have to burn your tracks to cd dude for blasting in the car ;)
your style is excellent and composition is fantastic in your tracks :)

N1 ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
*Points at avatar*:icon_thum

Very cool man! If Raimi ever gets around to making evil dead 4 that would fit so awesome at the ending credits. Great tune for a great trilogy.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
excellent mate!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
You are one talented muther, Don!!!!:bowdown: As a composer and player!!! You make me realize what a hack I am!!!:dunno:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are all too kind! ;)

I'm glad yer likin' it...cause it's all that I really know how to do! LOL
Chuggin' & widdlin'....that be about it!

Thanks again everyone.

BTW....how does one go about increasing their file storage limits?
I've noticed that some folks have dozens of large files in their attachments area....did I miss something when I signed up?
It's not a crucial thing, but I can't keep my old stuff around when I upload new stuff, since I keep exceeding my storage limits.

Anyhoo...I gotta go and practice my Ender licks now...just listened to "Frozen" again...and I'm feelin abit wowed!
That sick baystid! :rant: LOL

Don

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Don...Re: file storage limits......biger limits came with paid gold or platinum memberships. These memberships also included access to the unlimited backing section. Since there was a controversy surrounding some of the backings....I believe the membership options have been suspended for now. They may come back but, I can't speak for Eric.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts