Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Band: Iron Maiden
Date: 1986-10-14
Venue: De Montfort Hall
City: Leicester, Leicestershire
Version: Version DMM 002
Upload platform: MediaFire
Size: 723 MB
Download parts: 26 files

Setlist:

CD 1

01. Intro
02. Caught Somewhere in Time
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. Sea of Madness
05. Children of the Damned
06. Stranger in a Strange Land
07. Wasted Years
08. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
09. Guitar Duel/Walking in the Air
10. Where Eagles Dare

CD 2

01. Heaven Can Wait
02. Phantom of the Opera
03. Hallowed Be Thy Name
04. Iron Maiden
05. The Number of the Beast
06. Run to the Hills/Band Introduction
07. Running Free
08. Sanctuary

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=672737d1ada23cd94012e8015643d9c8e01d37c115970f35

This was the first Iron Maiden bootleg I ever heard, and it remains one of my favourites. Although Bruce struggles to reach some of the higher notes from 'Rime' onwards, it is obvious he is making a tremendous effort and engaging the crowd with his usual efficacy.

The musicianship is flawless, with an impressive version of the guitar duel (often dubbed 'Walking on Glass') that was a standard addition on this tour (only the last gig in Osaka lacked it). Adrian also varies his solo on '2 Minutes' during bars 5 and 6 - a rare occurrence for this track on this tour.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy this show and revisit it as often as I do.

Best wishes,

Calvinist.

Frequency analysis

Spectral analysis

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem downloading Track 16 ('Run to the Hills'). The original file is fine, but even though I deleted it from MediaFire and reloaded it again, it still wasn't downloading.

As an interim solution, I have uploaded the track in APE format. It's slightly smaller in size and downloads without any problem.

I've not had a good weekend with MediaFire; similar problems occurred with Track 21 of Ipswich '83 and Track 1 of Sheffield '86 first night (even though the files on my hardrive are OK). In both cases, I've uploaded the troublesome files in another format and downloaded them successfully.

·
Registered
247 Posts
thank you very much Calvanist for this lossless shows and also for the great liner notes! Up the IRONs!! :bannana_g:icon_head:icon_head:icon_head

·
Registered
218 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts