04. Time (complete) 6:51
05. Home Again 1:02
06. The Mortality Sequence 4:23
07. Money 7:45
08. Us and Them (complete) 6:51
09. Dave's Scat Section 4:36
10. The Lunatic Song 3:51
11. Eclipsed (complete) 2:58

Info file, md5, and covers included. Sound quality and performance are both A+ IMHO (tho there is some noticeable SQ drop in "Us And Them" but nothing to worry about)

http://rapidshare.com/files/2701733...n__England__The_Best_of_Tour__72_Completed___
http://rapidshare.com/files/2702029...n__England__The_Best_of_Tour__72_Completed___

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hi,

I am having difficulty opening this, can you explain? Do I need to do something?
Also, second file seems to have the same name as the first.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I am having difficulty opening this, can you explain? Do I need to do something?
Also, second file seems to have the same name as the first.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Sorry about this, all you have yo do is add ".part1" in the first one and ".part2" in the second one. Since it's a reaaally long file name it seems that rapidshare fucked the name up. I will keep that in mind for the future. Let me know if you can open it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Can you let us know what "A+" sound means, in case it means something to me different than what it means to you. It is not an audience recording, is it??? There are no audience A+ recordings anywhere.
And it is in FLAC form, I hope??
More sq info please.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you let us know what "A+" sound means, in case it means something to me different than what it means to you. It is not an audience recording, is it??? There are no audience A+ recordings anywhere.
And it is in FLAC form, I hope??
More sq info please.
It is indeed an audience recording. Think about 1972, listen to it, compare to others audience recordings from the same era (and even from 2009) and you have the A sound quality.

For me, it is. This is THE BEST "Dark Side Of The Moon" performance from 1972 tour you can get.

Yes, it is in FLAC.

BTW, for me there are plenty of A+ audience recordings. But obviously that's my opinion.

edit: from now on i'll make sure to say if it is an audience, soundboard, fm or pre-fm recording.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Okay, got it going, listeningto it now.

What you need to do is rename the first file by adding ".part1.rar" and the second ".part2.rar".

Sound quality for the fussy is pretty decent after 16 bars so far.

Ta very much

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, got it going, listeningto it now.

What you need to do is rename the first file by adding ".part1.rar" and the second ".part2.rar".

Sound quality for the fussy is pretty decent after 16 bars so far.

Ta very much
Ok, thanks for gettin' back to me!

BTW, i'll make sure to name the files a little shorter from now on.

·
Registered
238 Posts
A+ means "perfect, or as close to it as possible".
When you give an audience recording an A without disclaimer that it is "compared to 1972 audience recordings of a band with very few live recordings" you lose credibility, and do a disservice to others.
NOW OF COURSE, your loading the recording is a great service. Your decision to fully inform in the fuiture, and let others decide if we want it is a good one; this comes under my beating a dead horse.
The vocals on any audience recording cannot be perfect, they have that bizarre distant, amplifed, and rerecorded robo-voice sound, although of course, some MUCH LESS than others. A+ or A should be saved for an extraordinary work, such as an RS recording, like his Live Tears for Fears. Otherwise grades suffer inflation and mean nothing.
Don't mean to look a gift horse...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts