Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to think of something that I could do to post here. Maiden is one of my favorites and I was able to find the BT for Flight of Icarus here (posted by joeysatch i think). Sorry no vocals, I can't even get close to Bruce Dickenson or I would have given it a shot.
I enjoyed the Flight of Icarus posts by other members here and I figured i'd give it a shot.
Comments welcome and thanks for listening!

View attachment Silkmang - Flight of Icarus - No Vocals.MP3

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
If this is being your first effort..I say fantastic job...I really like your tone too:icon_peac

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This sounds killa, great first post, killa playing and tone, awesome job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
98 Posts
"Flight of Icarus" - Iron Maiden - My first effort

Great Brah,

Wish the backing was stronger! Dual leads are sweet. Good Effort for a first post. Keep on posting. Dude put up some "Slack"

Taisama:thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words everone!
I'm still trying to get the hang of this home recording thing. I've got a real low budget setup but it lets me get some recording done. The only kind of music that i've been working on recording so far is Hawaiian music (i'm in a Hawaiian band).
I have a Behringer UB502 connected to the line in of my soundcard so I can get a microphone and my POD 2.0 sounds into my computer (or sometimes I plug my acoustic guitars and a bass guitar directly into the UB502). I run the POD 2.0 through an old Aphex Aural Exciter Type C to clean up some of the muddiness that I seem to get while running through the POD. I'd like to replace that with a BBE unit when I get a chance. The recording software I prefer is Samplitude. Its fairly easy to use and does alot more than i'll ever make use of.
I recorded this with my Ibanez RG 320 DX into the POD 2.0. I was playing around with the different amp models to see if I could find one that sounded okay. Ended up using the Soldano preamp preset.
I've still got alot to learn about home recording and thats what is so cool about finding this site. So many talented and helpful people to learn from!:grin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
first shot huh? Sounds great! I myself have yet to post anything. I can't get my recordings to sound this good! Great job. The solos are awesome!

·
Registered
279 Posts
sounds great - now sweet talk one of these great resident singers & it would go from great to awesome - :irock:

guitar work (lead) is excellent...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Sounds great to me. Love the lead work! How do you record (direct or mic)? There are a lot of great vocalists on this site if you ask around I'm sure you would be able to get vocals on this. But it sounds great as is. cool post!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sounds really good! The solo kicks ass! Like Bel and Axeman said, you could shop around for a singer if you want vocals added to any of your songs! You can put up a request in the jam room! Anyhow, great playing! :thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again to clint, ss, Axeman, belgarion, Mrs. bel, Goldtop, Revraz, and sgstd! Belgarion I recorded from a POD 2.0 into a little Behringer UB 502 mixer which goes into the line in of my old SB Live!. I keep the UB502 connected so I can get acoustic guitars, bass, and vocals recorded for my Hawaiian music. What I meant when I said first effort was that it was my first effort recording with my POD 2.0 to a Backing Track here. It was alot of fun. Harder getting a tone that matches the song though. I felt it was time to give it a shot after listening to all the cool songs being done by all you guys. I'm having a great time participating on the site and thats what is most important I think!
Hopefully I might be able to find someone interested in trying the vocals.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Tony! I feel honored because you're the Iron Maiden expert here. Love all of your Maiden posts! :77:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
nice job.

guitars sound pretty good, if you had of had more authentic sounding drums on the backer this woulda been unreal. for a 1st effort you get a solid "A" from me............cheers

BD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts