Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Floyd Rose Trem - Love It? Hate It? Indifferent?

• Love It

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Take It or Leave It

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Hate It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you love or hate the Floyd Rose Bridge?

What do you love about it?

OR

Why do you hate it? Too Complicated? Problems with tuning?

I have them on all my guitars. My Fender Strat and my Wolfgang don't have recessed cavities, so it is not completely floating (bar can only lower the pitch, not raise it). I "blocked out" my other guitars with recessed cavities (bar can go both directions), so now they are like my Wolfgang and Strat and can only lower the pitch of a note.

I don't use the whammy too much at all, but once everything is set up and the locking nut is locked at the top (and the strings are properly stretched out), I can play a whole 45 minute set without having to tune my guitar! My Floyd guitars stay in tune better than any guitar I own that has a fixed bridge or non-locking tremolo, even under heavy trem use and lots of string bends.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an LTD kh202 which has one of the cheapest floyd rose tremolos so obviously its not as good as an expensive one but i've had so much trouble with it that I don't think its worth the trouble just for some dive bombs xD
I have a good strat which can do just as much as a floyd rose and stay in tune without even having a whammy bar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts