Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Hamer strat body that I've already sanded down and have started repainting. It has a black Schaller Floyd Rose (the route is recessed) that came with it back in 1990 when I bought it new. I want to replace it with a new chrome original Floyd Rose. Will I have to re-route for original Floyd or would it be better to just buy a new chrome Schaller?
Not much online for this. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I don't have an original Floyd Rose to try that yet. I don't want to buy one to test it then have to send it back if it doesn't fit. Just curious if any has tried this before.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
My Peavey had a licensed Schaller Floyd...and since it is Schaller that makes the OFR(ever since they got massproduced) they ought to fit...but I will take alook and get some measurements on it...I think I have the measurements somewhere around.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rid! Hopefully I can fit the OFR in. I'm building a VH Frankenstrat but if need be I'll just buy a schaller.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
The posts don't matter. Just remove the bushings and fill the existing post holes with wooden dowel, then redrill. Why go through all the extra effort of trying a Floyd out and send them back?

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
I think they actually fit......did not find my measurements....too much stuff to wade through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts