Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read an ad from a company selling floyds, and the FRII was called "the floyd with the mellow tone" .. ?? Can anyone tell me what this means, and what makes it go mellow as opposed to the orig floyd?

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Are you sure they weren't describing the overall tone of the guitar? Haven't heard "mellow tone" differentiated among Floyds... :scratch:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
What the hell is a Floyd Rose II? Can you post a link to this article?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ad was in a magazine, and covered only guitarparts, so they were'nt referring to the sound of any specific guitar..
The mag was called "guitar techniques", witch i think is an english mag.. (At work now, dont have it here)

The ad said:
orig floyd rose - price - xxx $
Floyd rose II "mellow tone" - price - xxx $

I'm always after that brown sound, and "mellow tone" sounds like something i dont want...! eh?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Here is the info....they are basicaly drop forged versions.....crap IMO. I had something similiar at one time. The tone will be duller than the FRO.

The Floyd Rose II - With Fine Tuners

The II units were used on some of the later model overseas Strikers, Focus, 100, and 1000 series Kramers While these trems are not necessarily "crap", they are not as good as the original since they are cast iron. They rust much easier, and the fulcrum points are metal inserts as opposed to being hardened and part of the actual trem metal itself. If you see a Kramer with one of these, it is NOT an American Series.

Get all the Floyd info you want here:http://www.vintagekramer.com/parts6.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts