Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can a Floyd-Rose tremolo be installed on ANY electrical guitar (as long as it has been properly routed for it prior to attempting installation).

When I replace my Ibanez GRX70 I am looking to use it as a project guitar & replace the pickups & electronics and to fit a Floyd-Rose.
The Body of the guitar is good and solid and I really like the weight of it so I think it would make a good guitar with some serious modifications.

Also does anyone know if the neck for the Ibanez SA160 would fit onto this GRX70. My friend has a SA160 and when I play it I really like the way the neck feels. I believe its the Wizard II neck on it.

Cheers for any help

G

·
yes you could put a floyd in there given that you route and stuff like what i ddi to my Ibanez GSA60...about the neck though, the grx has a 22 fret neck right...so i guess it would but i'm not really sure...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The routing I would get done professionally as not only am I a complete novice with a router but I would want someone to do something about the lack of paint in the newly routed hole so I may end up getting the guitar repainted at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts