Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a used guitar with a floyd rose bridge,in the cavity theres three springs. when i restrung it and tried to tune, the tail was sticking up and the screws in the cavity were practically all the way in already. i put on set of 10 d'adarios
i didnt over tune

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I had the same problem with 9's. I replaced my left handed Ibanez trem with a lo trs II copy and the same thing happened. I had to put in another spring. I am guessing the springs I have are not as strong as the standard floyd ones but who knows?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for that.i guess i need another spring or drop down to a set of nines.heres naother problem i took out the bridge pickup and on the underside it reads seymour duncan
theres a little square of tape with jb on it also the pole pieces
are like hex type allen keyish fitting and its black,its not a sh4
i looked at one im wondering what it is

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
its a standard JB model. excellent pickup.
sounds like you got your moneys worth without knowing it. They do make different strength springs. I use Heavy springs with 9's and can run only 2 springs with my set up, but it doesnt happen often.

VGB

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for info.yea i guess i got a bargain as i was expecting
just the standard humbucker thats suppose to come with the charvel 375.does anyone know how to fix a very slight ding in the clear finish on the guitar without having to get out the sand paper it just a small ding but noticeable on the flame top

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Lol I have 10's on my Floyd guitars..only use two springs in each guitar.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
i used 10's for years with an original floys and had no problem...i always have 3 springs no mater what gauge and seems to adjust fine........make sure all your fine tuners and in the mid positions

1 - 14 of 14 Posts