Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
if your talking about the string vice block....its not suppose to come out...post your pic

1. Now, take your replacement string, and using wire cutters, clip off the ball at the bottom end of the string.
  2. Put the freshly clipped end of the string into the saddle of the bridge. Examine the other strings to see where exactly the new string should go.
  3. Push the string down into the saddle as far as possible. You may have to further loosen the string-lock screw.
  4. Using your allen key, gently but firmly tighten the string-lock screw to hold the string in place (be careful not to over-tighten!) Be sure the string stays secure in the saddle while doing this.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
axeshredder said:
if your talking about the string vice block....its not suppose to come out...post your pic
Yep...I'll bet he's talking about the saddle block. Just loosen the allen hex bolt behind it and the old string will come out....cut the ball off the new string and put back in...tighten the bolt and go.

But if you really want to take the block out for some reason...it will....just take the allen bolt all the way off and turn the guitar upside down and catch it!:icon_thum

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Speaking of Floyd's that new speedloader does not really seem to be setting the world on fire. It's a great idea......but the strings must be too expensive or something.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
axeshredder said:
i thought the speed loader was made to use the ball on the end of regular strings:scratch:
Nope...you need special strings that have bullets on both ends....I think only one company makes them so far...but I have not been keeping up.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
vintage_brat said:
the strings are cheap. bout 8 bucks a set... but it has some inherent problems with bends still.
Cheap???? I get mine 3 packs for $10 at GC.:icon_thum

What is the probems with bends all about?

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
There was a 5 year contract with Markely I think it was for the strings, and yes, they be expensive compared to what many players use! Personally, I like tuners on a guitar, and that was the first thing that turned me away from checking out the Speed Loader. I just don't care for the look.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
with the strings being precut to length for the double ball ends it really magnfies the problem of when you bend one string the whole floyd moves... unless you have the right string/spring balance.....
Its more of a prob with people that are new to floyds and the stores dont explain it well.
The New version of the speed loaders will take either plain or double ball end strings....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts