Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\"Flying in a Blue Dream\"

after recording this i realize i should go back and try to learn it right but its kind of half mine and half his but i love this tune...the feedback stuff was fun....my neighbors loved it..lol

ps...i dihnt use my ibanez js-100 cause i scared to play it after Joe signed it....wolfgang special here as you can hear string noise n stuff

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Re: \"Flying in a Blue Dream\"

This sounds pretty damn fabulous to me

If you wanna retry it again, maybe you could use the backing I uploaded in the unlimited section. That is played by a studio band.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts

Great job Axe!!!! REally nice.......are you sure that was you playing?? LOL......joe isn't playing for you now too is he?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts

This is simply monsterous bro!!!
I love the feedback stuff also!!!
Just can't get it with the POD tho...not decent anyway. Gr8 playing here bro!!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts

This was awesome Axe, amazing job!!

·
Registered
886 Posts

This is my fave Satch track. I thought it was very well played. I noticed you didn't do the legato run exactly as written but who cares, I have been trying to get that bit right for a while now and it's not happening. I love your version of it and the feedback at the start just before that lovely chord comes in gives me goosebumps. I love it.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thanks everyone for the positive comments.....good ear phil...gotta work on that legato part (ya busted me).........thanks Go for the new backer...now ive got work to do....ill have to take the satch axe offf the wall rack for this one

·
Registered
190 Posts

Sounds great to me Axeman!!!
Love that feedback man! Wish I could get away with that here.
Great tone!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

Great job Axe! Are you still using the line out of the Marshall MG? If so, I want those settings...great tone

·
Registered
470 Posts

Hey Axe, I totally dug what you did with this tune, great playing. It's nice to hear some originality on one of my fav Satch songs. Ain't his Legato lines irratatingly fluid. Damn!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

thanks for the kind comments...i was getting real close to Joe's solo last night and new version should be done before weeks end..thanks for the comments, but im going to take myself out of this one and see if i can do it like Joe...or at least try

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts

Nice mate. I would have used a bit more delay for the long high notes as it really has a ethereal feel about this song. Some parts you have absolutely spot-on and others fall out of key but I've tried this myself and failed and I'm not one for tab. If I can't play it by ear, I don't bother (l.a.z.y.b.a.s.t.a.r.d.i.t.u.s.) Particularly liked the double run about 3:20. Good work fella

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts

Very cool take man!!
It is a very great tune Joe made there!!
You do it alot of credit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts