Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again. Here's a little bit of blues for y'all.
I recorded this a while ago and tried to get someone to do a same song battle on this one, but it didnt work :icon_frow
Maybe not that many ppl know the original.
Anyway, I decided to post it here instead.

I'm not happy with the tone on this one. I'm playing an edwards les paul copy through the guitar port. Does anyone have any suggestions how I could get a good blues tone?
I want a bit lower distortion, I think, but I still want to keep the sustain.

Anyway, here's the stumble!

· Registered
4,527 Posts
Love this song!!!:woot: Killer job with it, bro!!!:jam: As for the tone...I'm not familiar with the Guitarport.On my POD...when I want a Clapton Bluesbreaker sound I use the brit higain amp model, set the drive to about 70-75% and add compression(Pod effect). I also have a Dallas Rangemaster clone (treble booster).

· Da Blooze Guy
5,863 Posts
Great job Naifuzan, I love Freddie King, and you did him right.....any chance of getting the BT? You could probably email it to me.

· Registered
154 Posts
I've heard this song, and you have done a great job with the feel. Freddie was a 345 man and I think with humbuckers and a "dimed" power tube sound you can't go wrong.

I used to play bass in a 3 piece and we did this and many other "3 Kings" songs. The guitar player used a strat and super reverb only. The Stumble was our main warmup song and usually first in the first set. This is still a powerful non-vocal song recognized by many...(in my humble opinion).

· Registered
1,282 Posts
one of the options i like with the guitar port is the mic setting, if ya want to get a little more natural sounding reverb (wo using the reverb mod) position the mic furthest away from the cab, this also lets ya add that bit extra to pinched harmonics too!

try turning down the drive a bit and up the presence & tone to lose the distortion but keep the sustain

also depends on the cab & amp settings you got for the tone your using.
i'll bosh up some of the tones i use, you may find something in ther you like or it will giv ya ideas etc...

cool playing on the track tho, the tone sounds nice and meaty to me :)
I'd be interested in learning this track too ;) but havnt got the bt or the original

· Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,390 Posts
This used to be part of the legendry Friday Rock Show on Radio One in the uk , the play off at the end i believe , that was first time i had heard this tune , anyway this rendition is simply class , one of those tunes im gonna have a go at some day , made it very famous by Eric Clapton , very very well played dude !:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.