Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I loved this song as a kid, and the other day stumbled across a midi file, so i re-vamped the midi so it sounds non-midi (thank god) lol and added some vocals. I'd add credits for the midi, but none were included, but thanks to whoever did it.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
this is the best piano sound I have heard from a midi. great vocal and great cover.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't know the song, but I really can feel the Freddie vibe going on. You're vocals are amazing. REALLY nice expression. It's beautiful.

Strangely though, the guitar sounds very Brian May-ish.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I never really checked out Freddy Mercury's solo stuff, but he was an incredible singer and songwriter and this cover really puts that on display. You're performance is excellent; sounds like you really went all out with it and the results have to be very satisfying. Great job.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone :) ive always loved singing Freddies music because he puts so much into every song he sings, but its only been recently my voice has reached a stage where i can sing the songs more comfortably. For the piano i used "edirol - orchestral" its a vst plugin i used on sonar, and the guitar is "native instruments - guitar rig" really cool vst plugin again. Just fiddled around to get the tone. The program comes highly recommended. Its like the latest POD model, but you can select multiple cabinets to play through at once (up to 10 i think) and then select a microphone for each cab and when the mics placed. Really versatile program.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You have great feeling and vibrato in your voice, not to mention a very pleasing sound.

Only things I noticed were some clipping, and some more vibrato on the beginning & middle of the guitar solo might sound nice. I haven't heard the original though, so I'm not sure how it was played.

Overall, an awesome cover! :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
atimmons said:
sounds really great!
Thanks :) you're the guy who's in the Queen band aren't you? i remember listening to a clip of Hammer To Fall months back in like September or something. Sounded amazing you really captured the whole feel. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Clancy, what kind of guitar you got running through there?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slimshady842 said:
Clancy, what kind of guitar you got running through there?
I'm using a Fernandez - Revolver. Pretty sure its the revolver model.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Great job! I'm sure a few guys here who want to play some Queen tunes would love your vocals on it!! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
How in the hell did I miss this?!?!?!?:scratch: You have a gr8 voice!!!This is fantastic!!:icon_thum Never heard this song but, I'm a huge Queen fan(mainly early Queen). As 3fingers said....I have a cover of "Keep Yourself Alive" that I did that's sitting here begging for some vocals!!! Would you be interested? If so, give me a holler.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sgstd said:
How in the hell did I miss this?!?!?!?:scratch: You have a gr8 voice!!!This is fantastic!!:icon_thum Never heard this song but, I'm a huge Queen fan(mainly early Queen). As 3fingers said....I have a cover of "Keep Yourself Alive" that I did that's sitting here begging for some vocals!!! Would you be interested? If so, give me a holler.
Yeah id have a crack at it, just post it and ill look out for it. give me a shout on here to say where it is aswell because i'll probs miss it knowing me lol. And thanks for the compliment :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts