·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about this principle, and now I found out it really exists:

The Fretlight Guitar
See:
http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/000295.html

You name a scale and the relevant frets light up.
I was just wondering about the invention out of curiosity and I am not planning to buy it.
I found it intersting anyway.
Does anyone here use this and what are your experiences?

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I, at first, thought this would be a great learning tool but I dunno if it wouldn;t kink the shit out of your neck constantly staring at the LEDs. I'm not sure.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
ehhh i'm not too keen on it ,

i mean how long does it REALLY take to learn a scale pattern anyway ?

i think it would end up being quite detramental .. i mean when your under pressure real hardcore pressure and your stressing out you go back to the patterns or licks you learnt solidly , with this i imagine you would try and think back to the lights and when they wern't there on a regular guitar.. CHAOS !

ok that's prolly an exageration hehe .. point is .. i think most people could prolly learn the scale patterns themselves solidly in a few hours .

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Stiglar said:
ehhh i'm not too keen on it ,

i mean how long does it REALLY take to learn a scale pattern anyway ?

i think it would end up being quite detramental .. i mean when your under pressure real hardcore pressure and your stressing out you go back to the patterns or licks you learnt solidly , with this i imagine you would try and think back to the lights and when they wern't there on a regular guitar.. CHAOS !

ok that's prolly an exageration hehe .. point is .. i think most people could prolly learn the scale patterns themselves solidly in a few hours .
Damn, I must be really stupid. 12 years on and I still don't know them !

:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts